• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Studies of Religion 1 unit - help :( (2 Viewers)

Roy216

HSC
Islam bioethics:
Euthanasia - Human beings are crowns of gods creation on earth and should strive to survive
- an I'll person has a duty to seek treatment and a physician must strive to save the life of all humans
- The Quran highlights that it is a sin to take human life, under no circumstances should one take their own life, one should strive to save the life of another
- Euthanasia is prohibited

Abortion - feutus is a creation of Allah and no one but the creator has the right to take that life away
Quran - "And kill not your children for fear of poverty. He shall provide for them as well as for you. Surely the killing of them is a great sin" (Surah Al-Isra 17:31)
- people should not abort their child for the fear of poverty, Allah will provide
- abortion however is permitted if the mothers life is at risk, the pregnancy is a result of rape and some scholars permit abortion before 120 days as a Hadith by the prophet said the soul does not enter the feutus until 120 days
- before 120 days the feutus is not living and abortion doesn't amount to killing

Cloning
- human cloning is haram because it is unnatural and the Quran asserts the creation of human beings should be made through male and female
- Quran: ' Oh mankind we have created you from a male and female and made you unto nations of tribes, that you may know one another' ( Surah al-hujurat 44:13)
- cloning is not creation of life, but exploiting am existing life
The egg used in cloning is a creation of god therefore clinging is manipulating an existing life therefore most scholars prohibit human cloning

George121

HSC
Islam bioethics:
Euthanasia - Human beings are crowns of gods creation on earth and should strive to survive
- an I'll person has a duty to seek treatment and a physician must strive to save the life of all humans
- The Quran highlights that it is a sin to take human life, under no circumstances should one take their own life, one should strive to save the life of another
- Euthanasia is prohibited

Abortion - feutus is a creation of Allah and no one but the creator has the right to take that life away
Quran - "And kill not your children for fear of poverty. He shall provide for them as well as for you. Surely the killing of them is a great sin" (Surah Al-Isra 17:31)
- people should not abort their child for the fear of poverty, Allah will provide
- abortion however is permitted if the mothers life is at risk, the pregnancy is a result of rape and some scholars permit abortion before 120 days as a Hadith by the prophet said the soul does not enter the feutus until 120 days
- before 120 days the feutus is not living and abortion doesn't amount to killing

Cloning
- human cloning is haram because it is unnatural and the Quran asserts the creation of human beings should be made through male and female
- Quran: ' Oh mankind we have created you from a male and female and made you unto nations of tribes, that you may know one another' ( Surah al-hujurat 44:13)
- cloning is not creation of life, but exploiting am existing life
The egg used in cloning is a creation of god therefore clinging is manipulating an existing life therefore most scholars prohibit human cloning

LEGEND

thanks so much bro

goodluck with ur exam tomorrow if u have one

Roy216

HSC
No worries yeah I have sor and engineering, going to be a shit day

kirstennn

HSC
did any of you do martin luther as the significant person for christianity? or christian bioethics?

George121

HSC
One last thing.. can someone tell me what we should know about the ethics?

so what should i know for sexual ethics (christianity) and bioethics (islam) ?

i know abortion, pre-marital sex, etc. but what do i need to know about it exactly?

Roy216

HSC
The religious view towards those issues, what do Christians think about areas of bioethics what do Muslims think about areas of sexual ethics and back it up with a quote if you can

George121

HSC
The religious view towards those issues, what do Christians think about areas of bioethics what do Muslims think about areas of sexual ethics and back it up with a quote if you can
ah sweet.. also with christianity, would i need to talk about the other denominations aswell or just the catholic view? same with baptism

Roy216

HSC
My teacher told us to incorporate the views of other denominations

onedaysnotice

HSC
Apparently I only need to learn 2 bioethical issues and 2 denominations for each lol. I just used my assignment that I used before for notes. Pretty crappy tho xD. Oh well.

My frggn SOR1u trials is worth 50%. like wtf.

Roy216

HSC
Apparently I only need to learn 2 bioethical issues and 2 denominations for each lol. I just used my assignment that I used before for notes. Pretty crappy tho xD. Oh well.

My guess is bioethics will be in the short answer with the 3 other questions, looking at past papers they have asked for 2, know 3 just incase.

George121

HSC

haha 50%? mines like 10% and i have one assignment left thats like 15% :D

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad

Mines worth 40% so I can almost feel your pain. Good luck!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)