• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Studies of Religion 1 unit - help :( (1 Viewer)

Roy216

HSC
mines 30%, i had an essay on sayyid, one essay worth 40%

Roy216

HSC
I've been alright, trials are killing me. I got Engineering Studies and SoR tomorrow. What bout you?

George121

HSC
mines 30%, i had an essay on sayyid, one essay worth 40%
im supposed to be doing sayyid but im going with al ghazali

is sayyid easy to learn in a an hour? i dont know anything cause im new to the class :/

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I've been alright, trials are killing me. I got Engineering Studies and SoR tomorrow. What bout you?
Just SOR but that's bad enough hahaha. Best of luck!

George121

HSC
yeahh ive been good, SMC isnt the same as it used to be but oh well 7 weeks left

i just have sor tomorrow :D goodluck with engineering

Roy216

HSC
yeah, pretty easy. SoR is an easy concept to absorb

Ah contributions:
His writings
- Milestone introduced concepts of Jihad and Jahilliyah, the book has been used as a vanguard by many revivalist and extremist groups
- In the shade of the quran - Taught Muslims the importance of the quran and that they should engage in a life long study of the quran

His Martyr:
- Died for what he believed in, influenced others to do the same which is why you have suicide bombers :)

I have an essay on it if you want

George121

HSC
yeah, pretty easy. SoR is an easy concept to absorb

Ah contributions:
His writings
- Milestone introduced concepts of Jihad and Jahilliyah, the book has been used as a vanguard by many revivalist and extremist groups
- In the shade of the quran - Taught Muslims the importance of the quran and that they should engage in a life long study of the quran

His Martyr:
- Died for what he believed in, influenced others to do the same which is why you have suicide bombers :)

I have an essay on it if you want
i just need some points incase its the 8 mark question, cause im doing islam for section 2

onedaysnotice

HSC
Learning the Hajj in a night yayyyy..... why'd I have to be away when we were learning it...

George121

HSC
Learning the Hajj in a night yayyyy.....
the hajj is easier than you think

just know that they travel to meccah, go to the ka'ba and circle it 7 times saying a prayer (not sure what it is in english), head to the river of ZamZam, then to the pillar where they stone it 7 times

then throw in the other little bits

i have to learn a whole person and practice ; havent started (Y)

onedaysnotice

HSC
the hajj is easier than you think

just know that they travel to meccah, go to the ka'ba and circle it 7 times saying a prayer (not sure what it is in english), head to the river of ZamZam, then to the pillar where they stone it 7 times

then throw in the other little bits

i have to learn a whole person and practice ; havent started (Y)
But then I also have to learn how the Hajj expresses the beliefs of Islam and it significance for both the individual and the community D:

Seems like you're gonna have an even busier night than me aha. Good luck to us both. lol

I'm so glad I wake up at 5:30 everyday...

George121

HSC
But then I also have to learn how the Hajj expresses the beliefs of Islam and it significance for both the individual and the community D:

Seems like you're gonna have an even busier night than me aha. Good luck to us both. lol

I'm so glad I wake up at 5:30 everyday...
It allows for a more controlled environment, where an individual is able to express their faith without fear of persecution or judgement
just think of it on the spot in the exam, thats what im gonna do :p

and yeah i think i'll wake up at 6 and study then; tried studying 12 hours ago, didn't work. :L

onedaysnotice

HSC
It allows for a more controlled environment, where an individual is able to express their faith without fear of persecution or judgement
just think of it on the spot in the exam, thats what im gonna do :p

and yeah i think i'll wake up at 6 and study then; tried studying 12 hours ago, didn't work. :L
You've gotta link it with the rest of the pillars, important religious events, and the article of faith of the afterlife thingo. lol. Tokso's notes at the resources summarises it pretty damn well tho :D

I had to study SOR along with CAFS today since I was super lazy yesterday aahhaha.... T^T

George121

HSC
You've gotta link it with the rest of the pillars, important religious events, and the article of faith of the afterlife thingo. lol. Tokso's notes at the resources summarises it pretty damn well tho :D
:eek: can u get me the link?

onedaysnotice

HSC
Thanks heaps

im gonna stop procrastinating and start learning!

goodluck tomorrow (so glad sor is my 11th unit) :D
Haha I've given up on the trials lol. I'll start my proper learning after the trials ahaha.

Good luck to you too :) SOR's also my 11th unit, but I'm failing math soooo.. Dx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)