• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Studying all week? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Does anyone here study just 7 days a week? I started doing 2-3 hours a day, but the thing is im so hooked i dont want a day off to be honest, i feel guilty and like i won't go well so im constantly studying

s0k0y0e0

HSC
I have a study timetable; which strictly gives me friday night off! But if I've got something on a different night I just change my night off to then! (usually only friday or saturday night though).

You need a break sometime, otherwise you'll go insane!

s0k0y0e0

HSC
line_backer said:
no breaks or rest!
theres plenty of time to put ur feet up at the end of the hsc
I have to say; that if you don't have break every so often it won't matter if you'll be able to put your feet up by the end of the HSC; u'll probably be insane by then, and lying in some hospital bed! :rolleyes:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You can do both. You just need to find a balance between studying and free time. Theres no point in studying when your so tired or mentally exhausted. A dedicate balance between work and free time is required for the rest of your life anyway.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Cape said:
You can do both. You just need to find a balance between studying and free time. Theres no point in studying when your so tired or mentally exhausted. A dedicate balance between work and free time is required for the rest of your life anyway.
Here Here!

Trev

stix
HSC
Casmira said:
Does anyone here study just 7 days a week? I started doing 2-3 hours a day, but the thing is im so hooked i dont want a day off to be honest, i feel guilty and like i won't go well so im constantly studying
Danggg...... All I have done is thought about making a study timetable :eek:

Mumma

HSC
I usually have friday night off as well, and do half/half on saturday sunday, monday to thursday its pretty much come home,do work,sleep,wake up, go to school....

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
hey carisma question
is this "study" on top of ur homework?
i jus do homework each night and thats it
assessments if i have them to do
u must say up late studying dude
but congrats! thats great that u can! :)
i wish i could!!!

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Casmira said:
that my friend is a recipe for early burn out if ive ever heard it. the amount of friends i saw go insane and have the hsc marks negatively effected because of over studying was huge... you need a day off. or two or three or four!

melsc said:
u guys r so good...i do my homework and stuidy 1-2 weeks b4 exams...i am screwed and way to lazy
now this is what i like to see...

goan_crazy

HSC
TurboTom said:
that my friend is a recipe for early burn out if ive ever heard it. the amount of friends i saw go insane and have the hsc marks negatively effected because of over studying was huge... you need a day off. or two or three or four!
i agree... :uhhuh:

04er

HSC
TurboTom said:
that my friend is a recipe for early burn out if ive ever heard it. you need a day off. or two or three or four!
There was not one day during the whole year where I didn't study. The secret doesn't lie in how many days off you have, but how often you have breaks during the day. Of course, on weekends, I usually had evenings free from study.

Edit: No, I didn't go insane.

Last edited:

04er

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
so how often did u study 04er?
how many hours a day?
Weekdays: 4-5 hrs per day
Weekends: 7-9 hrs per day

Breaks: Every 50 min or so for 5 minutes

Last edited:

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
Burn out? Rofl...what a senseless thing to suggest that many people would have from over studying. You would only 'burn out' if you were affected physically from studying(ie. 24 hours a day so that you suffer from sleep and food deprivation). There is really no such thing as burning out from studying unless you do what I just mentioned above. Burn out is just an excuse used by people who are too lazy to put in the effort to study and/or are not committed to their studies.

goan_crazy

HSC
04er said:
Weekdays: 4-5 hrs per day
Weekends: 7-9 hrs per day

Breaks: Every 50 min or so for 5 minutes
Dang...what time did u sleep each night?!
was this study on top of ur homework and assessments?!

goan_crazy

HSC
melsc said:
all you ppl make me feel way too lazy
same here :(
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to melsc again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)