• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Teen's plea on morning-after pill (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23333971-421,00.html

A TEEN mum who was given the morning-after pill three times at 14, before being referred for an abortion at 15, says parents should be told of the contraceptive being prescribed.

The teen gave birth to a healthy daughter eight weeks ago after her mother found out about her abortion plans and talked her into having her child.

Though she tried to hide her pregnancy, she is now calling for health workers to inform parents when giving out the morning-after pill.

"If she had known, I wouldn't have got pregnant," she said
lulwut?

Moar like if you had kept your legs shut the first 3 times you wouldn't have gotten pregnant.

danielle69

HSC
The morning after pill is really good and parents should not be contacted if the girl doesnt want them too!
though most parents would be understanding!
shouldnt you have learnt after the 2nd time that MAYBE it was time for you to go on the pill ??

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
---===Dumb bogan slut alert===---

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
danielle69 said:
Was that directed at me?
No

The girl in the article

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I find the way the article is written really really retarded for some reason

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
this doesn't even make sense.

"if only my mother had known that i used the morning after pill, this would somehow have stopped me from being a massive slut and popping out a baby because i was too dumb to use a condom."

yeah, sure.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I don't think it's dangerous but then again most women would only need to use it like once in their lifetime, if at all. It's not a replacement for contraception.

Cerry

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
I vaguely remember being lecturered on it and how it is like 30 doses of the pill in one hit or someshing.

Oh well.

Bogan needs to remember a condom next time.
If it actually is just like 30 doses of the pill at once, it's not gonna do huge amounts of damage, cause that's just a huge dose of hormones. Not that I'm actually recommending taking it on a regular basis, but I'd say the worst it'd do is make you infertile (although, that's an only an educated guess), which you totally have coming if you need it that often

bassistx

HSC
Zrap said:
lol supre slut? hahaha
Right on lol

aMUSEd1977 said:
Isn't the morning after pill meant to be dangerous or some shit, or is that just what we are taught because condom companies have a power share in the DET and Board of Studies?
lol... It actually is bad. Not so bad it could kill you, but it's not targeted at teenagers. In the US they banned it last year, I think (for teens). They said they weren't sure of the health consequences - I'm sure the girl would rather die than have a baby (in most cases).

Cerry said:
If it actually is just like 30 doses of the pill at once, it's not gonna do huge amounts of damage, cause that's just a huge dose of hormones. Not that I'm actually recommending taking it on a regular basis, but I'd say the worst it'd do is make you infertile (although, that's an only an educated guess), which you totally have coming if you need it that often
The normal pill increases your risk of heart disease 15% every 5 years. I think massive doses several times a year could definitely do some harm.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Telling the parents is fucking moronic because it will discourage girls from buying said pill, and cause more pregnancies.

Fuck.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
If you don't use a condom and another form of protection, you are fucking moronic.
Moronic has been fucked THAT many times. C'mon guys, no moar fucking moronic.

edit: @ article: WOT A DUMB WHORE

bassistx

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
If you don't use a condom and another form of protection, you are fucking moronic.
Why do you have to have two? I don't think it's necessary. In the case of "accidents", the morning-after pill does exist for a reason (besides rape).

withoutaface said:
Telling the parents is fucking moronic because it will discourage girls from buying said pill, and cause more pregnancies.

Fuck.
Exactly.
I think they should have condom machines in high schools if they're so embarrassed about picking them up elsewhere (chemist, etc). Just in the bathrooms were they can get 'em when no-one's looking or something.
Personally, I'd rather have injections or an implant rather than the pill. I'd probably forget.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
the only things the morning after pill should be used for are accidents (which if you are smart you will manage to avoid 99% of the time), and rape. it really does fuck with your body. my best friend had to use it twice in like 3 days, because she forgot to take the first course properly for some reason, and she was sick as a dog for like a week. i don't understand why you would continue to be dumb and have unprotected sex after having experienced the morning after pill, you'd have to be a glutton for punishment.

bassistx

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Saves from having to fork out a large amount of dosh on the morning-after pill.

Hmmm. Safety.

Hmmm
If you're in a monogomus relationship, you should only need to use one form (ie the pill) because you don't need to avoid STIs.
You're still forking out money for both contraceptives. I think it's cheaper to just stick to one and use the other only when necessary.
And the pill is only cheap if you're on the PBS scheme.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
I vaguely remember being lecturered on it and how it is like 30 doses of the pill in one hit or someshing.

Oh well.

Bogan needs to remember a condom next time.
Yeah it is. It's a massive dose of hormones that causes a period (lolowned).

Period in a capsule.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
the only things the morning after pill should be used for are accidents (which if you are smart you will manage to avoid 99% of the time), and rape. it really does fuck with your body. my best friend had to use it twice in like 3 days, because she forgot to take the first course properly for some reason, and she was sick as a dog for like a week. i don't understand why you would continue to be dumb and have unprotected sex after having experienced the morning after pill, you'd have to be a glutton for punishment.
I've been with 2 women who've had to use it (note: never use ansell condoms, they're the fucking dodgiest shit on the market) and they didn't have many side effects at all, so I spose it depends on the person.

bassistx

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Sorry, but last time I checked, NOT ONE contraceptive was 100% effective, and the ONE you are using fucks up, you could end up preggers. I did NOT make a reference to STIs.

And you should be on the PBS, because it's part of medicare.
It's still more cost effective to use one. If you had to fork out say $30 for the morning-after pill (anybody know how much it actually costs?) it's better than getting it for around $4.90 per month for 12 months = $58.80.
It is still cheaper whichever way you look at it, PBS or not.

I'm on PBS but not everybody can get it. Some of my friends can't but they've got Medicare - it doesn't matter. In any case, some health care insurance providers cover the pill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)