• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Most Annoying Television Network (1 Viewer)

And the most annoying network (with the worst programs) award goes to..

• Channel 9

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • Channel 10

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • ABC

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • SBS

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Channel 7

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Austar

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

BlackDragon

HSC
TV is seriously getting worse and worse. Well commercial TV anyway. There are some really great shows out there and you get a scattering of them in Australia but there are some absolute down-right annoying, stupid, unintelligent shows. e.g. Deal or No Deal (probably the worst), You may be Right, those stupid american shows on "the most dangerous blah blah blah". Anyway, which TV network do you think is the worst and most annoying? Which do you think is the best?

Personally, channel 7 is definitely the worst. Their shows are stupid, annoying and loud! argh. i can't watch it anymore, except for a few programs. SBS is getting much better. They have some really good stuff. ABC has some good stuff and is not very annoying. Channel 9 is not too bad. Channel 10 has some bad ones, like "the brainiest whatever".
oh well, what do you think?

Last edited:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
channel 9, i have yet to see a show on that channel that i love.

i hate channel 7 too, because of the irritating every 2 minutes ads which go for longer than the bloody show, but the shows can be good. like..LOST.

channel 10, bah i hate it because it airs big brother, but otherwise, i like because it's airs simpsons and other good stuff. channel 10's prolly the best one outta them all, just don;t like big brother.

BlackDragon

HSC
i like channel 9 solely for their cricket coverage. (i'm a big cricket fan obviously.)
channel 7 does have some good shows like Family Guy, lost and how i met your mother. but there are some totally crap ones, a plethora of loud and unintelligent ads and game shows, really bad self promotions and really bad hosts. KOCHIE I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU. HOW CAN THAT IDIOT AND THAT IDIODIC SHOW HAVE GOOD RATINGS?!?! anyway, i think carl stevanovic (spelling?) on today is one of the best hosts on tv.

so to conclude (once again), go abc and sbs for their good shows (like top gear, doctor who, iron chef) and non-commericalist nature. (although sbs is half commercial, but its cool)

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Channel 9 is boring, the only good thing on it are the sports, like cricket and footy. Channel 7 rocks, and Channel 10 is second :p And then ABC

ledzeppelin

HSC
Channel 7 is definitely the worst, with the way they delay the start of their shows and their constant ads

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I download most of the best shows because I am sick of 7,9 & 10 being so far behind.

They all start shows late, run overtime, show repeats in amongst new episodes and generally don't give a shit about their customers. All the Australian tv shows they have are rubbish.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
BlackDragon said:
i like channel 9 solely for their cricket coverage. (i'm a big cricket fan obviously.)
oh yeah, forgot about the cricket coverage they air once in a blue moon. yeah, kudos to that

BlackDragon

HSC
that's not quite true. they air every single game played in australia in our season, which is HEAPS. its just that they don't air it when its the northern hemisphere's season. but yeah, summer coverage is great.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
i guess you are right. they do air aus cricket properly, and domestic cricket too.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I can't believe channel 9 is still as popular as it is. Apart from sport and CSI they have nothing good anymore. 7 & 10 have bought all the best shows.

*hopeful*

HSC
i think ch 9 is the crappiest only cause i dont watch a single show of theirs.... ch10 and 7 are equally alright i guess

J

jhakka

I chose 7 because I never watch it. But I hate Bert Newton and was going to vote 9 because of it.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
I can't believe channel 9 is still as popular as it is.
Generation gap issues play a big part. People 40+ generally love Channel 9 and some stuff on Channel 7 (or ABC if they're from the inner-west)...and they're the biggest demographic. (How else can we explain the success of Blue Heelers).

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I hate SBS.
What's to hate about SBS?

*Lozzie*

HSC
channel is the worst cause it dosent have any good shows anymore
channel 7 has SOME i repeat some good shows but it dose get annoying
channel 10 is annoying
ABC and SBS are the only channels worth watching

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i no longer watch free-to-air telly except for the today show while i'm eating brekky.

I've never liked ten or 7 because their reception has always been dodgy in my area. Unfortunately, 9 is also starting to let me down. They used to show shows like afterlife, Hotel babylon and gilmore girls but dont anymore. Instead they replace them with 'CSI:everywhere' or ridiculous variety shows.

I like temptation though. It is the only game show i will watch, but even then, not very frequently.

I voted against 10 because of idol and bb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)