• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Update me on VSU (2 Viewers)

Wraith

I eat children.
HSC
SashatheMan said:
u have 21 posts and soem asian avatar.

post skipped
Thanks for reading my post, otherwise you wouldn't have known to reply that way :D
Nice to see people keeping their word. :cool:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Wraith said:
Thanks for reading my post, otherwise you wouldn't have known to reply that way :D
Nice to see people keeping their word. :cool:
someone read it for me, told me the jist of it and told me what to reply to you

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
someone read it for me, told me the jist of it and told me what to reply to you
Basically it reads that you obviously have no idea who he is, so shut up.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Basically it reads that you obviously have no idea who he is, so shut up.

do u know who i am ? no. so u cant tell me to stfu. how about you stay out of this

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
SashatheMan said:
do u know who i am ? no. so u cant tell me to stfu. how about you stay out of this
Don't be such a mong. Just shut the fuck up.

The only issue I have with VSU is the removal of counselling services. However, if you're lucky, you'll find a psychologist/psychiatrist that uses medicare (not bloody likely), or they'll charge an amount that you can have refunded by medicare.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Or you could use the money you save on Union fees to go to one.

thatjazz

HSC
Wraith said:
You're HSC 2006, and you're commenting on that stuff.
Sorry, post was too long and probably irrelevant. Your post was skipped. Good day sir.
You, my friend, are a complete idiot. It shouldn't matter in which year I am doing the HSC, my opinions on the VSU issue will remain the same. Perhaps, if more young people today were politically minded, the nation may actually be in safe hands in a few years time.

Sadly, I read posts like yours and realise that, seriously, we're f*cked.

ambidextrouscal

Learning to be Witty
HSC
How does it matter at all what year we are doing the HSC. I am in exactly the same situation at Thatjazz, and i completely agree with everything he is saying.
Our age doesnt determine whether or not we can have opinions on such matters as this, we have as much right as anyone.

'Withoutaface' get your arse out of your head and grow up. I see someone with deep personal fears when they publically discriminate against sexual preference.

thatjazz

HSC
Hear, hear. I'm glad I am not the only sensible teenager left in this country.

HSC
thatjazz said:
You, my friend, are a complete idiot. It shouldn't matter in which year I am doing the HSC, my opinions on the VSU issue will remain the same. Perhaps, if more young people today were politically minded, the nation may actually be in safe hands in a few years time.

Sadly, I read posts like yours and realise that, seriously, we're f*cked.
I think the point he was making is that it's fine and dandy to sit around, a few years before you're even exposed to the student unions, talking about how important they are because they secure liberty for all of us. You're welcome to your opinions of course, but in the face of negative experience which contradicts the amazing benefits of the union, those which you speak of, one must wonder how exactly you've come to these conclusions.

Anyway, so from school the student unions look fantastic, then all of a sudden your balls drop, you make it to uni, and you realise that it's run by profiteering pieces of shit who waste money that other people can't afford, and shouldn't have to, so they can play at revolutionaries.

Frankly, I agree with him, on the surface it sounds like a wonderful endeavour which the union undertakes, providing lunch money for poor students who can't afford it, championing us against the world, and so on. But sadly, (At least in my experience) the things the union do for students amount to a metric fuckload less than what one would expect.

Last edited:
HSC
ambidextrouscal said:
How does it matter at all what year we are doing the HSC. I am in exactly the same situation at Thatjazz, and i completely agree with everything he is saying.
Our age doesnt determine whether or not we can have opinions on such matters as this, we have as much right as anyone.

'Withoutaface' get your arse out of your head and grow up. I see someone with deep personal fears when they publically discriminate against sexual preference.
Off the soapbox, spend the rant time using google. First maybe you should check out "Joke". You don't even have to think it's funny, but to assume that he actually meant it is pretty fucking stupid.

ambidextrouscal

Learning to be Witty
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Off the soapbox, spend the rant time using google. First maybe you should check out "Joke". You don't even have to think it's funny, but to assume that he actually meant it is pretty fucking stupid.
I honestly dont care if he was joking or not. What he said was offensive and uncalled for.
To you, Nazism isn't funny, to me, sexuality isnt either.

thatjazz

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Depends, hopefully you wouldn't need to see them too often, and certainly not every year... :)
If VSU comes into place, can you promise me one thing?

Promise you'll spend the money you're saving on Union fees on a tutor? So that your intelligence level equals that of the most stupid and illiterate 6 year olds.

Cheers.

HSC
thatjazz said:
If VSU comes into place, can you promise me one thing?

Promise you'll spend the money you're saving on Union fees on a tutor? So that your intelligence level equals that of the most stupid and illiterate 6 year olds.

Cheers.
When VSU comes into effect I'll spend my money on whatever the fuck I want, and that'll be quite a pleasant change. Thanks for playing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)