• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Update me on VSU (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
thatjazz said:
If VSU comes into place, can you promise me one thing?

Promise you'll spend the money you're saving on Union fees on a tutor? So that your intelligence level equals that of the most stupid and illiterate 6 year olds.

Cheers.
Get off your high horse. Please.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
thatjazz said:
Go home, you right-wing fascist prick.
Same to you, filthy Trot :)

Fyi that was actually one of the banners at the recent protest.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
ok i go to uni for four year. tahst 8 semesters. 270 dollars each. for the union.

8 x 270 = 2160 dollars wasted.

i think i can buy alot for that money

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
thatjazz said:
Wow! I'm in your signature - how famous am I!

Sarcasm.
What exactly makes me a fascist? It would seem to me that you can't justify your arguments (reflected in the fact that you didn't answer any of my questions), and so resorted to name calling. Maturity ++

Supporting USU to me would seem the more fascist thing to do, because freedom of choice is one of the pillars of libertarianism, and one that I intend to uphold.

Last edited:

thatjazz

HSC
I simply refuse to debate an issue with impudent, immature fuckwits. And you were right about one thing - I'm HSC '06, this won't affect me for at least 2 years. Why the fuck should I care?

Good Luck, University Students!!!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
thatjazz said:
I simply refuse to debate an issue with impudent, immature fuckwits. And you were right about one thing - I'm HSC '06, this won't affect me for at least 2 years. Why the fuck should I care?

Good Luck, University Students!!!
I missed the part where I was more immature than yourself, care to point it out to me?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
ambidextrouscal said:
I honestly dont care if he was joking or not. What he said was offensive and uncalled for.
To you, Nazism isn't funny, to me, sexuality isnt either.
That was on a banner by a queer group at the USYD march. His statement was pointing out the exaggeration that people use.

ambidextrouscal

Learning to be Witty
HSC
Oh for gods sake. Is anyone else noting a little too much immaturity from everyone around here?
I agree with what Thatjazz is saying, and hey, thats just what we believe. Like it or not, or if you believe we dont deserve the right to hold our own opinions then your alot more immature then expected.

Its wrong for you guys to condoscend Thatjazz's arguments and beliefes because of his age, or just the fact that you think you are superior to him because he is younger.
In saying that, he has shown maturity beyond alot of what you UNI students seem to have.

And what right do any of you have to make sexist and derogatory comments, even if you claim to be 'joking' its just plain wrong.

This argument will go no where the way it is currentl being handled. Its over. Believe what you will, and we will do the same. We will soon see who is right in the matter.

HSC
ambidextrouscal said:
Its wrong for you guys to condoscend Thatjazz's arguments and beliefes because of his age, or just the fact that you think you are superior to him because he is younger.
In saying that, he has shown maturity beyond alot of what you UNI students seem to have.
I liked the attacks on my english, the tantrum, and the bold red text in particular ;) Why don't you blow his horn some more?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
ambidextrouscal said:
Oh for gods sake. Is anyone else noting a little too much immaturity from everyone around here?
I agree with what Thatjazz is saying, and hey, thats just what we believe. Like it or not, or if you believe we dont deserve the right to hold our own opinions then your alot more immature then expected.

And what right do any of you have to make sexist and derogatory comments, even if you claim to be 'joking' its just plain wrong.

This argument will go no where the way it is currentl being handled. Its over. Believe what you will, and we will do the same. We will soon see who is right in the matter.
I didn't speak down to him on account of his age. I attacked his argument for what it was. Also, I may not be the most PC person around, but I'm not a racist, sexist or homophobe either, I was merely pointing out the hyperbole that USU supporters are predisposed to use by quoting something written on a banner at the August 10 protest.

Yes we shall see who's right in the matter, and trust me, I'll be doing everything in my power to make sure that both the Union and the SRC survive post-VSU through being actively involved in their administration.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It takes a value judgement between whether more personal liberties will be being violated pre-VSU (through the compulsory collection of fees) or post-VSU (through the alleged lack of representation and facilities), and I have judged the former to be true.

EDIT: And those principles imo only apply when "the community" which benefits falls above some arbitary figure (let's say 80% for argument's sake), while in this case the split is roughly 50/50.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
Don't you feel just a little sick when the Liberal government overtly attempts to silence groups who criticise his government and their policy? You know the gag on interest groups. Tell them they will not fund them if they criticise the governmet. Tell them they will loose them tax exempt status.

John Howard is very big on economic freedom but really on not much else.
It is a highly subjective matter as to whether any given interest group is truly interested in the public good or merely reactionary to any government actions. The latter imo should not receive public funding because their interest is in their own agendas over what is best for the Australian public.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
We dont have a first past the post system...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
then maybe we should have one.
oh yea, that's what i meant... sorry i only had 3 hours sleep last night and i've been on a boat all day.

Due to the idea that our current system seems to favour a 2 party system, where the population isn't really being represented...
i.e. the greens get 1/4 of the vote yet have no representation... or is this proportional democracy?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)