• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

USYD public transport (2 Viewers)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Cool i'll try city road next time then :D

Why did i ever go along parramatta road LOL

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
lala2 said:
particularly if I end up at Old Teachers' College, which is far away from both City Road and Parramatta Road, and so doesn't make much of a difference.
What are you on about? OTC is close to Parramatta Road, just take the Ross St exit.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Which is the Ross St exit? :confused: Isn't that just the footbridge on Parramatta Road?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Ross St Exit is the next stop after the Footbridge Theatre along Parramatta Road, opposite Officeworks, near the Vet Science Building. Walking along the path near the oval leads you to the Old Teachers College.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
There be an Officeworks near USyd??? OMG and all this time I was going all the way to Alexandria :( :( :(

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
One of my promises as a Union director is that I will push for the University Security Bus service to go to Central station instead of Redfern station during off-peak hours.
And yes, the Officeworks is on Parramatta Road across from Vet Sci.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
'Instead' of Redfern?? not 'And'?? Quah you lose. Redfern is not only shorter, but closer to the west by one extra station, why would anybody want to take a longer bus ride in that small van to get further from where they actually want to go??

Think about it and change policy please.

So that I can vote for you.

tennille

HSC
Phanatical said:
One of my promises as a Union director is that I will push for the University Security Bus service to go to Central station instead of Redfern station during off-peak hours.
And yes, the Officeworks is on Parramatta Road across from Vet Sci.
I agree with what971. I think it's more dangerous to walk to Redfern than to walk to Central. The university security bus should go to both Redfern AND Central.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The issue is that there are only a limited number of buses that the University Security Service and the Union can provide. During peak hours, buses would run to Redfern, as being the closest station to the University it allows more runs, and is relatively safe with the large number of people around. During off-peak hours, however, safety should be a larger concern and buses should run to Central. A Central-USYD-Redfern-USYD-Central route would be of greater convenience, but would come at the cost of availability of services.

I've proposed this idea based on the fact that I live in the West, and have to travel to and from Pendle Hill station every day. I am, of course, sympathetic to the travel issues of students in the west, and it is one of the cornerstones of my campaign that as a Union director I will work to develop benefits of Union membership that can be used without living five minutes from campus.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I don't see the logic of pushing for a bus to go to central :rolleyes:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Phanatical said:
The issue is that there are only a limited number of buses that the University Security Service and the Union can provide. During peak hours, buses would run to Redfern, as being the closest station to the University it allows more runs, and is relatively safe with the large number of people around. During off-peak hours, however, safety should be a larger concern and buses should run to Central. A Central-USYD-Redfern-USYD-Central route would be of greater convenience, but would come at the cost of availability of services.

I've proposed this idea based on the fact that I live in the West, and have to travel to and from Pendle Hill station every day. I am, of course, sympathetic to the travel issues of students in the west, and it is one of the cornerstones of my campaign that as a Union director I will work to develop benefits of Union membership that can be used without living five minutes from campus.
What does Central have to do with it?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Central is a LOT safer than Redfern station, especially with improved security at Central and an increase in violence in recent times both in and around Redfern station.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Forgive me, if I'm a little slow here, but you're saying that Central is all good on the safety front yet you want a bus service to go there?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Phanatical said:
Central is a LOT safer than Redfern station, especially with improved security at Central and an increase in violence in recent times both in and around Redfern station.
So how is this at all related to Western Sydney?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Alright, so I'm not the only one confused about whatever Phanatical is saying...

Generator

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
So how is this at all related to Western Sydney?
For those who are wondering...

I'm sorry if this part is quite clear, but he's trying to say that the security bus should travel to both Redfern and Central at such times so that all who don't travel to Redfern via a North Shore station will not have to buy a one-way ticket to cover the trip.

There was no need for him to say Western Sydney in particular, so I guess that he just wanted to play the westie card.

Last edited:

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Generator said:
I'm sorry if this part is quite clear, but he's trying to say that the security bus should travel to both Redfern and Central at such times so that all who don't travel to Redfern via a North Shore station will not have to buy a one-way ticket to cover the trip.
Most people alight at Redfern if walking to uni, hence a security bus to Redfern for the majority is a more viable option. In addition, purchasing a ticket to Redfern instead of Central from the North Shore would cost perhaps 10c extra per single trip and is not of significant effect.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Templar said:
Most people alight at Redfern if walking to uni, hence a security bus to Redfern for the majority is a more viable option. In addition, purchasing a ticket to Redfern instead of Central from the North Shore would cost perhaps 10c extra per single trip and is not of significant effect.

Ah, thanks for that.

Edit: On second thoughts, I wasn't as clear as I first thought. Oh well, live and learn.

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Phanatical, was Generator's interpretation correct? It seems quite clear to me but you're confusing me :confused: You can't get people confused if you want them to vote you, do you? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)