• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What do you classify Hezbollah as.. (1 Viewer)

What do you classify Hezbollah as

• A Legitimate Resistance organisation

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • A state within a state

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A terrorist organisation

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • I dont care..

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dam10

HSC
ZabZu said:
Hezbollah is racist against Jews. They have heaps of anti-Jewish propaganda on their tv station Al-Manar. Also, they discriminate against Sunni Muslims and Christians.
You obviously have no idea, Most Christians in Lebanon support and follow Hezbollah anyway, so i dont know who is feeding you bullsh1te

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ZabZu said:
Israel did all it could to stop the missiles being fired. The fact that Hezbollah mostly fired rockets during the day using hundreds of portable lauchers, made this task very difficult. Hezbollah is partly responsible for the deaths of many Lebanese civilians because they fired their rockets from civilian areas, so they could win the public relations war and cause the international community to pressure Israel.

Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and Defence Minister Amir Peretz have seen their approval ratings plumet because they failed to win the war and stop the missiles landing in Israeli towns and cities. If they could have stopped the missiles falling into Israel, they would have.
Tell me where were the rockets aimed - if they were even aimed at all? A few thousand? keep dreamin or being fed by Israeli propaganda.

Yes hezbollah were targetting Israeli military hence they kidnapped and knocked off a few of their soldiers.

On the other hand Israel wipes out the entire southern lebanon causing a lot of material damage, and wiping out a lot of civilians and barely denting the Hezbollah faction, rather to increase their support.

Had Israel used different methods - they may have decreased Hezbollah 'fan base' and put a step forward toward stabilising the middle east. A it might have cost two soldiers - but it would have saved a lot more lives (more lebanese than Israeli but they would be more support Israel rather than Hezbollah).

The fact is you cant stop everything, but you can make things better by taking the right approach which often comes at a price. Israel is the in power and has support of USA - they have means to put a peaceful solution. Hezbollah are not hihgly looked upon, dont really have any support apart from local support and other minor groups. They really dont have much power or influence on a global scale. They cant order the meeting of world leaders where as ISrael could.

Hence since ISrael is the major power in the region it has the responsbility of maintaining peace and stability? After all that is what Israel wants isnt it? OR all those comments and reasons 'we do this because of security" just BUllshit?

banco55

HSC
HotShot said:
Tell me where were the rockets aimed - if they were even aimed at all? A few thousand? keep dreamin or being fed by Israeli propaganda.
?
</p>Hezbollah claims a few thousand and so do the Israelis. A few thousand is consistent with how many Iran had delievered to them before the war as well. Of course one of the main reasons they attacked so called civilan targets (like ports, roads, airports etc.) is because they didn't want Hezbollah to be resupplied by Iran and syria.

ZabZu

HSC
dam10 said:
You obviously have no idea, Most Christians in Lebanon support and follow Hezbollah anyway, so i dont know who is feeding you bullsh1te
Thats a load of crap. I know there is a Christian sect that is allied with Hezbollah and they are trying to topple the government of Fouad Sinora. However, a large proportion of Christians in Lebanon hate Hezbollah, i mean why would they support a fundamentalist Muslim Shi'ite group. These Christians were rallying in the cities when Rafik Hairi was assassinated and they demanded the Syrians leave Lebanon. Hezbollah is an ally of Syria and they support Syrian involvement in Lebanon. So I dont think the people who rallied in the streets are very supportive of Hezbollah.

dam10

HSC
ZabZu said:
Thats a load of crap. I know there is a Christian sect that is allied with Hezbollah and they are trying to topple the government of Fouad Sinora. However, a large proportion of Christians in Lebanon hate Hezbollah, i mean why would they support a fundamentalist Muslim Shi'ite group. These Christians were rallying in the cities when Rafik Hairi was assassinated and they demanded the Syrians leave Lebanon. Hezbollah is an ally of Syria and they support Syrian involvement in Lebanon. So I dont think the people who rallied in the streets are very supportive of Hezbollah.
You should understand that the crisis in Lebanon now is not divided by sects, rather by political beliefs and opinions. The Free Patriotic Movement Party which is a Christian dominated party led by General Michel Aoun is an ally of Hezbollah as you said, and has the same goals as Hezbollah.

So, to all those idiots who said Hezbollah want an Islamic state, that answers your question,

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Hey I didnt know the LF were Hezbollah fans dam10 ... christians support hezbollah, can I have a LOL?

dam10

HSC
bshoc said:
Hey I didnt know the LF were Hezbollah fans dam10 ... christians support hezbollah, can I have a LOL?
You obviously have no idea, when did i mention LF?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
JaredR said:
The Muslim Academics that seem to make the headlines are the Anti-Zionist ones. It seems fair to portay them as extremists which they clearly are to support a philosophy of Anti-Zionism, Anti-Semitism and a Holy Jihad against Israel. Aren't they?

Promoting a love of Israel and the notion that the Jewish population have a home state does not require an organisation or individual to necessarily be Anti-Islamic. Consider this before you judge an organisation you aren't a member of.
Fair enough to support what you believe, but it goes out of hand when you decide to play with people's words and spread propaganda about people who aren't entirely supportive of yourself and thus portray every single arab, even if they are not muslim, as some form of terrorist.

Do i believe that Israel should be wiped off the map? No. But i do believe that the bombing of innocent people is wrong. I'm talking about the children and perfectly normal civilians Israel bombed, killed, and ruined their lives, livelihood and future. And this isn't limited to just Israel, it applies to the fundementalists too.

Last edited:

nathan71088

HSC
S1M0 said:
Fair enough to support what you believe, but it goes out of hand when you decide to play with people's words and spread propaganda about people who aren't entirely supportive of yourself and thus portray every single arab, even if they are not muslim, as some form of terrorist.

Do i believe that Israel should be wiped off the map? No. But i do believe that the bombing of innocent people is wrong. I'm talking about the children and perfectly normal civilians Israel bombed, killed, and ruined their lives, livelihood and future. And this isn't limited to just Israel, it applies to the fundementalists too.
"But i do believe that the bombing of innocent people is wrong."
You seem like a person concerned with humanitarianism. And you don't believe that Israel should be wiped off the map. You seem to suggest that your objection to their actions is when they "bombed, killed, and ruined" innocent civillians. Israel had a reason for this. Whether you agree with THAT reason doesn't matter. How bout you go and take a look at Darfur, Sudan, Indonesia, how about you go and pick a sweatshop where lives are ruined as we speak. How about you take a real strand against injustices against people instead of trying find fault with any military operation that this country does for survival.
Really, why do you have a problem with Israel? What really annoys you about this country's desire to survive?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
It's a shame that the Israel Defense Forces have had to injure or kill innocent Palestinian men women and children, but what's more unfortunate is the motivations for this - the fact that Palestinian terrorist organisations cowardly hide behind these perceptions of innocence to infiltrate Israeli land and injure, maim and kill innocent Israeli men women and children as well as foreign nationals.

That's all I have to say with regards to your post about Israel bombing innocent people.

dam10

HSC
JaredR said:
It's a shame that the Israel Defense Forces have had to injure or kill innocent Palestinian men women and children, but what's more unfortunate is the motivations for this - the fact that Palestinian terrorist organisations cowardly hide behind these perceptions of innocence to infiltrate Israeli land and injure, maim and kill innocent Israeli men women and children as well as foreign nationals.

That's all I have to say with regards to your post about Israel bombing innocent people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6fn5NZ6LBk

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
nathan71088 said:
"But i do believe that the bombing of innocent people is wrong."
You seem like a person concerned with humanitarianism. And you don't believe that Israel should be wiped off the map. You seem to suggest that your objection to their actions is when they "bombed, killed, and ruined" innocent civillians. Israel had a reason for this. Whether you agree with THAT reason doesn't matter. How bout you go and take a look at Darfur, Sudan, Indonesia, how about you go and pick a sweatshop where lives are ruined as we speak. How about you take a real strand against injustices against people instead of trying find fault with any military operation that this country does for survival.
Really, why do you have a problem with Israel? What really annoys you about this country's desire to survive?
You have a strong case, i'll give you that.

I was merely expresssing my views about the situation about Israel and the middle-east and all the problems occuring in that region. Nothing more.

[/thread]

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
nathan71088 said:
And you don't believe that Israel should be wiped off the map. You seem to suggest that your objection to their actions is when they "bombed, killed, and ruined" innocent civillians. Israel had a reason for this. Whether you agree with THAT reason doesn't matter.

Hahaha

Biggest load of crap ive read in this thread.

Whether you disagree they should kill and ruin lives doesnt matter?

Thats gold.

Congratulations

bshoc said:

Yes you can have a LOL, but LOL is at you.

He was talking about the FPM.

nathan71088

HSC
Jordan.J said:
Hahaha

Biggest load of crap ive read in this thread.

Whether you disagree they should kill and ruin lives doesnt matter?

Thats gold.

Congratulations

Yes you can have a LOL, but LOL is at you.

He was talking about the FPM.
You have clearly misunderstood what I was saying.
You have clearly taken my point out of context and changed it's understood meaning.
Of course it matters. I was just pointing out in my point to that person, I did not wish to argue about actions being right or wrong but rather what one should do about them...

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Fair enough, but dont tell people to turn a blind eye or ask them to save the rest of the world.

We're not here to debate her actions.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
dam10, I don't know what you're getting at with pasting me that link? All I see is:

"Israel is deeply sorrowful and saddened by what has happened...the building itself was not targeted, it was next to the rocket launcher sites and we are targeting all of these rocket launcher sites...this was a mistake...there will be a full investigation"

"We are deeply deeply sorrowful"

In war mistakes happen, innocent lives are lost. That video just adds furthermore to my claims that Hezbollah hides behind civillians, it is launching rockets from civillian sites, it does not wear a uniform, it is not easily identifiable it does not fire weaponry from military sites. It is a terrorist organisation. It instills fear by combattant means without being recognised as a national army. It has no uniform, no traditional form of ranking. The State of Israel has the right and responsibility to protect it's citizens.

Long Live Israel.

dam10

HSC
JaredR said:
dam10, I don't know what you're getting at with pasting me that link? All I see is:

"Israel is deeply sorrowful and saddened by what has happened...the building itself was not targeted, it was next to the rocket launcher sites and we are targeting all of these rocket launcher sites...this was a mistake...there will be a full investigation"

"We are deeply deeply sorrowful"

In war mistakes happen, innocent lives are lost. That video just adds furthermore to my claims that Hezbollah hides behind civillians, it is launching rockets from civillian sites, it does not wear a uniform, it is not easily identifiable it does not fire weaponry from military sites. It is a terrorist organisation. It instills fear by combattant means without being recognised as a national army. It has no uniform, no traditional form of ranking. The State of Israel has the right and responsibility to protect it's citizens.

Long Live Israel.
"No Uniform?"

Where the fuck did you pull this one out of?

banco55

HSC
According to press reports many of the Hezbollah fighters were wearing civilians clothes. A few of them were even wearing Israeli army uniforms to confuse the Isrealis. What they wear in "publicity" shots versus what they wear when they are fighting are two different thigns.

nathan71088

HSC
Jordan.J said:
Fair enough, but dont tell people to turn a blind eye or ask them to save the rest of the world.

We're not here to debate her actions.
Please try to read things before you answer. I said that it amazes me how one will continually criticize Israel but turn a blind eye to other attrocities commited in the world on a larger scale and for a lot less than what is happening in the middle east. Very often people come on and start arguing about the "crimes against humanity that Israel has commited" and "that the world can now see how murderous a country it is". If a person really believe this then they should be posting about the other places where these attrocities are. If not then I think that the reasons for posting are more than a desire to express concerns for humanitarian standards. So I simply asked, why does one REALLY wish to oppose the actions of Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)