• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What do you classify Hezbollah as.. (2 Viewers)

What do you classify Hezbollah as

• A Legitimate Resistance organisation

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • A state within a state

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A terrorist organisation

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • I dont care..

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dam10

HSC
banco55 said:
According to press reports many of the Hezbollah fighters were wearing civilians clothes. A few of them were even wearing Israeli army uniforms to confuse the Isrealis. What they wear in "publicity" shots versus what they wear when they are fighting are two different thigns.
So you didnt see the photo of when they were firing rockets?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZNViirWTnk

Yer, its civilian clothes...

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
nathan71088 said:
Please try to read things before you answer. I said that it amazes me how one will continually criticize Israel but turn a blind eye to other attrocities commited in the world on a larger scale and for a lot less than what is happening in the middle east. Very often people come on and start arguing about the "crimes against humanity that Israel has commited" and "that the world can now see how murderous a country it is". If a person really believe this then they should be posting about the other places where these attrocities are. If not then I think that the reasons for posting are more than a desire to express concerns for humanitarian standards. So I simply asked, why does one REALLY wish to oppose the actions of Israel.

You can apply that logic to anyone with anything they post about a humanitarian issue.

Dont use the "go save the world first, before looking at Israel" line. Thats poor.

If someone has an objection to Israels action, then let them express their opinion instead of asking them to save the world.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
JaredR said:
The Muslim Academics that seem to make the headlines are the Anti-Zionist ones. It seems fair to portay them as extremists which they clearly are to support a philosophy of Anti-Zionism, Anti-Semitism and a Holy Jihad against Israel. Aren't they?

Promoting a love of Israel and the notion that the Jewish population have a home state does not require an organisation or individual to necessarily be Anti-Islamic. Consider this before you judge an organisation you aren't a member of.
im talking about dr xxxxxxxxxxxxx, dr xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx etc

like dr xxxxxxxxxxx gave a lecture at unsw saying: "we should be careful on campus as around every corner there is something to catch you by surprise"

some zionist author said he was saying that we should avoid non muslims and therefore he is extremist

so like this rhetoric is really thinning out, zionist opinion editors are just impeding on your cause- i dont know all of them- im talking about these people- have you read their articles or met with the speakers or are you just defending them?

clearly the jews who've met these people dont give these editors the support you do.

Last edited:

mr EaZy

HSC
JaredR said:
The Muslim Academics that seem to make the headlines are the Anti-Zionist ones. It seems fair to portay them as extremists which they clearly are to support a philosophy of Anti-Zionism, Anti-Semitism and a Holy Jihad against Israel. Aren't they?

Promoting a love of Israel and the notion that the Jewish population have a home state does not require an organisation or individual to necessarily be Anti-Islamic. Consider this before you judge an organisation you aren't a member of.
ill give u credit for saying they arent anti islamic- the only time they showed that was when they withdrew support for dr israeli

the talks i was referring to was on how 1st year muslim students should live on campus

how is that anti zionist?

mr EaZy

HSC
btw i never criticized the entirre organisation

im targetting the editors who write stupid stuff

im not alone in that, many jews wouldnt agree with what they say,
even with the letters to the editor, not even the head of jewish deputies would approve of some of them

even on these forums, i doubt you'd approve of what aryan beauty and indian have been saying either

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Western intelligence agencies are worried by a growing concentration of terror operatives associated with the global jihad movement in Lebanon.

Recent intelligence indicates that hundreds of Sunni Muslim terrorists from various Arab countries are currently residing around Tyre, mainly in a Palestinian refugee camp near the city. Some of the terrorists are apparently from Sudan and Yemen.

Both Western and Israeli intelligence agencies fear that the jihadists' growing presence in southern Lebanon will lead to more attacks against Israel and a renewed escalation along the northern border. The United Nations forces deployed along the border following last summer's war with Hezbollah are also considered potential targets.
Read On: http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/832441.html

----

All this happening under Lebanon's nose? No wonder Israel is required to enter and expel person's from refugee camps if these terrorists are hiding behind humanitarian efforts.

dam10

HSC
Israelis Detain Lebanese in South
Daily Star 3/3/07

Israelis cross the Blue Line again.

The United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) oversaw the return of a Lebanese man being detained by the Israeli Army after he was picked up in the vicinity of the UN-demarcated Blue Line on Friday. "UNIFIL today [Friday] facilitated a return to Lebanon of a young man who had been taken into custody by the [Israeli Army]," UNIFIL spokesperson Liam McDowell told The Daily Star. "The juvenile was transferred into Lebanese custody at 17:15 at the UN border position at Ras al-Naqoura."
Officials at the Lebanese Internal Security Force could not be contacted before The Daily Star went to print.
Hajj was reportedly driving a moped back and forth across the UN-demarcated Blue Line around 1 p.m., near the Sheikh al-Abaad Shrine, Lebanese security sources told The Daily Star. The Abaad Shrine lies across the UN-demarcated Blue Line. The National News Agency, however, reported that Hajj had crossed on foot.
The security source said that Hajj had ignored calls from the Indonesian UNIFIL troops to back away from the Blue Line and that the peackeepers had captured the incident on tape.
The man is a resident of Houla, a border village in South Lebanon. Hajj's age is uncertain, with the National News Agency reporting that he was 15 while other security sources placed him at 23 years of age.
UNIFIL said the Israeli Army reported that Hajj was taken into custody "in the immediate vicinity on the technical fence, east of Houla," said McDowell, adding that UNIFIL could not confirm or deny the presence of the Indonesian contingent at the scene.
Lebanese security sources told AFP that Hajj had been collecting scrap metal in an area near the border with Israel when he was detained.

Nothing new

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
JaredR said:
Western intelligence agencies are worried by a growing concentration of terror operatives associated with the global jihad movement in Lebanon.

Recent intelligence indicates that hundreds of Sunni Muslim terrorists from various Arab countries are currently residing around Tyre, mainly in a Palestinian refugee camp near the city. Some of the terrorists are apparently from Sudan and Yemen.

Both Western and Israeli intelligence agencies fear that the jihadists' growing presence in southern Lebanon will lead to more attacks against Israel and a renewed escalation along the northern border. The United Nations forces deployed along the border following last summer's war with Hezbollah are also considered potential targets.
are these the same intellegence agencies that told us that iraq had wmd's
the same agencies that told us iraq had mobile biological weapons labs
iraq had chem/bio weapons
iraq sought uranium from africa
iraq was reconstituting its nuclear programme
the same people that told us democracy will succeed in iraq?

havent these org's been humiliated and embarrased enough?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
onebytwo said:
are these the same intellegence agencies that told us that iraq had wmd's
the same agencies that told us iraq had mobile biological weapons labs
iraq had chem/bio weapons
iraq sought uranium from africa
iraq was reconstituting its nuclear programme
the same people that told us democracy will succeed in iraq?

havent these org's been humiliated and embarrased enough?
So of course you know better than the CIA and Mossad?

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
withoutaface said:
So of course you know better than the CIA and Mossad?
perhaps not, but i did know that invading iraq wouldnt solve anything from the outset

HSC
N/A
Do they attack civilians? Do they govern a nation? Do they disguise themselves as civilian non-combatants?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
onebytwo said:
perhaps not, but i did know that invading iraq wouldnt solve anything from the outset
As did I, but I'm still not going to outright say that two of the biggest intelligence orgs in the world are wrong 100% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)