• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

why is it bad to eat cats and dogs (2 Viewers)

PhoenixG1rl

HSC
Do you want a sentimental answer or a serious answer?
Sentimental: Because people see them as pets and typically 'more intelligent' than farm animals
Serious: Because they're carnivores and can harbour diseases that herbivores (eg. cows, sheep) do not as a result of their meat diet

synthesisFR

HSC
Sentimental: Because people see them as pets and typically 'more intelligent' than farm animals
Serious: Because they're carnivores and can harbour diseases that herbivores (eg. cows, sheep) do not as a result of their meat diet
and so waht if they were prepared in a way that makes them safe to eat like chickens r omnivores

PhoenixG1rl

HSC
look idk, I'm pretty sure that commercially farmed chicken is fed almost exclusively grain even though they are technically omnivores.
Mainly because its not socially acceptable in western culture to eat dogs and cats

PhoenixG1rl

HSC
Yeah i guess, as long as they ain't eating peoples pets. If there was a way to humanely source them..?
The concept still weirds me out a bit - especially with the whole carnivores more likely to have disease thing..

spiderfan44

HSC
as long as youre killing them humanely, and its not someone elses pet, i think its fine. cats and dogs have similar intelligence to the livestock we eat, so if we can tolerate eating octopus i think its ok to eat cats and dogs. i wouldnt personally do it, but if someone else wants to, meh. cats are also pretty invasive here, so when they get culled at least youre not wasting resources.

Shavi Masee

HSC
not joking
My friend was telling me abt how her family friend in Indonesia had a pet dog, but it bit someone or smth. So for revenge they cooked it and ate it.
I think it depends on the reason, like why eat a dog when there's chicken which is more morally acceptable? But if anyone wants to eat it I wouldn't care cuz it's someone else.
However if i was on a stranded island with no food and an injured dog beside me, then I'll have it maybe for survival. But then again it could never be my own pet.

WeiWeiMan

HSC
nah but pigs are smarter bro have you even read animal farm?

WeiWeiMan

HSC
nah you people are insane i don’t care if its ‘culture’
I mean I wouldn't eat a dog but you could use the same argument for eating pigs which Jews and Muslims wouldn't do. Same for beef for Hindus. I don't see how dogs are inherently more valuable than pigs or cows.

HSC
yeah I wouldn't say cats and dogs are inherently more valuable, morality aside

its just not as widely socially accepted to consume them, like u dont see cat and dog meat at most if any butchers bcz its a very niche cultural thing (among other reasons), I guess there's no issue imo eatings cats and dogs if the process is humane. it's not "bad" per se its just a bit weird due to being uncommon, if someone cooked me the most delicious cat curry im not eating that shit ☠ but all respect

synthesisFR

HSC
yeah I wouldn't say cats and dogs are inherently more valuable, morality aside

its just not as widely socially accepted to consume them, like u dont see cat and dog meat at most if any butchers bcz its a very niche cultural thing (among other reasons), I guess there's no issue imo eatings cats and dogs if the process is humane. it's not "bad" per se its just a bit weird due to being uncommon, if someone cooked me the most delicious cat curry im not eating that shit ☠ but all respect
yeah exactly

be honest, do you want to eat a dog or cat? it really seems like you do. i also can’t remember the last time i ate pork so
im not saying it for me
and your insividual experience again does not negate the fact that people do eat pork; and that people do eat cats and dogs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)