• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Would Australian Universities be better if they don't accept Asian International (2 Viewers)

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Not exactly. About 25% of students are international, and maybe 23% of them are from Asian speaking countries (non-English). So safe to say about 75% of students will be left there which is much huger than the TAFE population. I never said to remove the Asian students who were born in Australia and can fluently speak and write in ENGLISH.

Yes, if the Australian students are cheating. By reading the article, it shows how desperate these International students are, by paying large sums of money just to pass the degree and not get caught cheating. It's really sickening to know how their mind works.

This is one of the biggest problems with it.
Are you even in university? do you even know what the real systematic issues are? University reputation is based PURELY on research, not undergrad things. How do you think all those research projects are funded?

It's not exactly large sums of money when an entire year of uni (8 courses) runs up to 35 grand. That's around 4500 PER COURSE, what's one grand to them? It's nothing. The issues don't involve just in australia, its a global problem especially amongst chinese students. Our problem is ENFORCEMENT of academic standards. It's a problem with university administrators rather than the professors themselves.

Brian1800

HSC
Pay more taxes than.
I'm all open for that, as long as it fixes problems like this.

Would the world be better off without the jews? That's a better question I reckon.
Good question, but irrelevant at the moment.

Or to answer your question: would australian universities be better off with 30% less revenue? Would the country be better off killing our number 2 export?

Are there problems with how the universities are handling cheaters? Sure, that's the fault of the system letting academic abuse slide rather than the students itself. In any population there's always going to people who cheat, it's the enforcement that matters.
They better handle and fix those people (kick them out). In bold, those filthy creatures.

Brian how do you feel all these asian kids will end up going back to their country and run multi million dollar enterprises? Must hurt inside don't it.
All the cheating Asian international students will be that successful? I doubt it. And like Adrita mentioned, their life will fall apart. Now that's more like it.

Brian1800

HSC
Pay more taxes than.
I'm all open for that, as long as it fixes problems like this.

Would the world be better off without the jews? That's a better question I reckon.

Or to answer your question: would australian universities be better off with 30% less revenue? Would the country be better off killing our number 2 export?

Are there problems with how the universities are handling cheaters? Sure, that's the fault of the system letting academic abuse slide rather than the students itself. In any population there's always going to people who cheat, it's the enforcement that matters.
They better handle and fix those people (kick them out). In bold, those filthy creatures.

Brian how do you feel all these asian kids will end up going back to their country and run multi million dollar enterprises? Must hurt inside don't it.
All the cheating Asian international students will be that successful? I doubt it. And like Adrita mentioned, their life will fall apart. Now that's more like it.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Look, in the end, you know their life will fall apart and you will be the one succeeding. It's harder for them in the real world.
this.
if you're going to cheat in everything then gg lyf

Accepting international students is the only way unis survive financially

/thread
yeah this. Into's pay like ~4k/subject which cost ~120k over a 4 year degree where as a local student would pay ~32k

Ok, looks like my honest and never cheating behaviour was all just a waste. Never broke any of the university rules and now you are claiming I also cheated.
I didn't say you cheated? wat

Go read the recent newspaper articles on Asian international students cheating.
so a few chinks cheating means all of them do? wat

D94

HSC
N/A
Ok, looks like my honest and never cheating behaviour was all just a waste. Never broke any of the university rules and now you are claiming I also cheated.
Have you ever spoken out of turn in class? If you have spoken once, that can be construed as being discourteous toward staff and other students.

In fact, your first post can be construed as disrespect towards Asian international students, and that is certainly against university rules.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Brian, I don't think you realize how much financial stake the uni's have with international students. People are bitching and moaning about deregulation so uni's can fill the funding gap with domestic students. International students make up a quarter of revenue for most uni's and it's our second largest export. Completely killing is going to cause more problems than it solves. That's like napalming a village because there's 2 dudes who stole a chicken.

I never said cheating international students will be successful or not, but they're going to end up managing multi million dollar companies that daddy and uncle has set up for them. Business in asia is all about relationship rather than skill. What you learn at uni about management theory and what not rarely applies.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Have you ever spoken out of turn in class? If you have spoken once, that can be construed as being discourteous toward staff and other students.

In fact, your first post can be construed as disrespect towards Asian international students, and that is certainly against university rules.
http://www.studentequity.unsw.edu.au/student-grievances

If you have been discriminated against or harassed by a member of staff or another student because of your race, religion, sexuality, age, disability or gender, you can come to us for advice and assistance.
I feel this guy is harassing other's because of their race.

Brian1800

HSC

No, so far I haven't spoken out of turn in class. For the second question I was being honest. Stare at the article and see how they cheated, if it helps. Cheating is worse than simply stating a fact, and hurting some people because they did something worse. CHEATING IS CHEATING.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
No, so far I haven't spoken out of turn in class. For the second question I was being honest. Stare at the article and see how they cheated, if it helps. Cheating is worse than simply stating a fact, and hurting some people because they did something worse. CHEATING IS CHEATING.
Yes let's completely ban an entire population from our university because the actions of maybe 5-10% of students.

Brian1800

HSC
Brian, I don't think you realize how much financial stake the uni's have with international students. People are bitching and moaning about deregulation so uni's can fill the funding gap with domestic students. International students make up a quarter of revenue for most uni's and it's our second largest export. Completely killing is going to cause more problems than it solves. That's like napalming a village because there's 2 dudes who stole a chicken.

I never said cheating international students will be successful or not, but they're going to end up managing multi million dollar companies that daddy and uncle has set up for them. Business in asia is all about relationship rather than skill. What you learn at uni about management theory and what not rarely applies.
You obvious have very good points without a doubt, but I just absolutely hate it when people cheat and think they can get away with it. To your last few sentences, well that sucks. It should be about skill and not relationships.

http://www.studentequity.unsw.edu.au/student-grievances

I feel this guy is harassing other's because of their race.
If I was harassing them because of their race, then I would also say the same about Asian domestic students. As you can see though (or at least should), that's not the case.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
If I was harassing them because of their race, then I would also say the same about Asian domestic students. As you can see though (or at least should), that's not the case.
so it's okay to harass asian international students but not asian domestic students? wat

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Still makes it harassment irregardless, and national origin is part of it.

You obvious have very good points without a doubt, but I just absolutely hate it when people cheat and think they can get away with it. To your last few sentences, well that sucks. It should be about skill and not relationships.
You know nothing about how different cultures work. Loyalty to family is above all. Why do you think people promote their kids over other people? The whole reason they set up their business is so that their kids can have a better livelihood than they did.

Brian1800

HSC
so it's okay to harass asian international students but not asian domestic students? wat
Some of my mates are Asian domestic students and they are cool. Nothing wrong with Asian domestic students. Why hate on domestic students?

Still makes it harassment irregardless, and national origin is part of it.
Ah fuck em. Disgusting cheaters.

You know nothing about how different cultures work. Loyalty to family is above all. Why do you think people promote their kids over other people? The whole reason they set up their business is so that their kids can have a better livelihood than they did.
Alright living the Samurai culture I see. Promote their kids even through cheating, well that shows one's true character. Claps Claps Claps.

Ummm that's what they are doing?
They better lose their student visa.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Some of my mates are Asian domestic students and they are cool. Nothing wrong with Asian domestic students. Why hate on domestic students?

Ah fuck em. Disgusting cheaters.

Alright living the Samurai culture I see. Promote their kids even through cheating, well that shows one's true character. Claps Claps Claps.

They better lose their student visa.
Exactly. If it's not ok to hate on domestic students, why is it ok to hate on International students then?

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
This has to be a troll thread. The account seems to have been set up just for this thread.

Either that or OP is really gullible. The media tends to blow things way out of proportion and this guy has clearly fallen for it. Also, cheating happens everywhere including in the HSC where there are no international Asian students (at least as far as I know). Would Aussie unis be better off if they didn't accept domestic students then? Just think about that OP...

Source for cheating in HSC: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/shaming-our-secret-hsc-cheats/story-e6freuy9-1226567720517. Google "HSC cheating" or anything along the lines of, and you'll find more articles on it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)