• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Xbox360 or PS3? (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I'm saying that your friends IRL are there to help you pass time, to talk to, etc. People online also satisfy those requirements. There really isn't that much difference between IRL friends and online friends, apart from the fact that you interact with your IRL friends face to face.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
maybe BIGTYMA and stazi are gonna become friends now? haha.
arguing is a common thing that happens between friends.

but why not just ask your brother what he wants? PS3 or X360 ?
Stazi speaks the truth though about the ps3 & X360. It all narrows down to personal choice though. If you want the ps3 and can justify spending $X more for it, then by all means go ahead and get it.

I'm just curious about the future of the ps3. What lies ahead for it. It's going to boom when FFXIII and MGS4 get released. Oh and Little big Planet. that game looks awesome.

--Another good game for the ps3 is warhawk. great online play.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I was excited about MGS4 as I have a PS3 as well, but the review restrictions imposed by konami are making me anxious. Apparently there are 90 minute long cutscenes :s

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
stazi said:
I was excited about MGS4 as I have a PS3 as well, but the review restrictions imposed by konami are making me anxious. Apparently there are 90 minute long cutscenes :s
WAHH!! :|

90min long cutscenes... it's like a movie.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
sounds good value for money though. Comes with metal gear online too which looks good.

Never owned the previous MGS but im excited about this one.

Also warhawk is pretty fun shinji, you play ?

blakegman

HSC
N/A
i just finished it like 20 minutes ago. Think it has multiple endings though.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
only 2 endings apparently.

awesome game. it feels like ive been playing it for a year, already.

can't wait to hear about the expansion pack, exclusive to the 360 :)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
shinji said:
maybe BIGTYMA and stazi are gonna become friends now? haha.
arguing is a common thing that happens between friends.

but why not just ask your brother what he wants? PS3 or X360 ?
Stazi speaks the truth though about the ps3 & X360. It all narrows down to personal choice though. If you want the ps3 and can justify spending $X more for it, then by all means go ahead and get it.

I'm just curious about the future of the ps3. What lies ahead for it. It's going to boom when FFXIII and MGS4 get released. Oh and Little big Planet. that game looks awesome.

--Another good game for the ps3 is warhawk. great online play.

My 12 year old brother is stupid, it's for his birthday anyway, I wanted to make a surprise for him, but he's being a sissie about the whole thing and already know what I'm getting him lol. First he wanted a PS3, then the next day he said his friends all have 360s and wanted him to get that instead and vice versa. So it was reaaaaal hard deciding for a little kid.

....Anyway, I might as well get a 360 around the beginning of July and hopefully strip for free games :p

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
blakegman said:
sounds good value for money though. Comes with metal gear online too which looks good.

Never owned the previous MGS but im excited about this one.

Also warhawk is pretty fun shinji, you play ?
i played it over my friends house. haven't personaly got it. but it's an awesome game.

same with resistance. co-op play fun-ness.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
chicky_pie said:
My 12 year old brother is stupid, it's for his birthday anyway, I wanted to make a surprise for him, but he's being a sissie about the whole thing and already know what I'm getting him lol. First he wanted a PS3, then the next day he said his friends all have 360s and wanted him to get that instead and vice versa. So it was reaaaaal hard deciding for a little kid.

....Anyway, I might as well get a 360 around the beginning of July and hopefully strip for free games :p
i know!!

don't get him a x360 or ps3! hahaha
that'll be funny to watch .XD

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Erm...God of War 3 anyone? This is reason enough for me to get a ps3. I read an article on the net saying that it took the ps2 game developers about 6 years to get games of the graphical quality of God of War 1 and 2 and Black, so given time, think of what ps3 will accomplish. BD disks hold about 50Gb, maybe a bit more, so think of the potential of how big the games can be, what their quality can be, their multiplayer capability, length of the game (short games suck). God of War 3 comin end of 2009 so far, i wont mind if they take another year, it'd just mean the game will be even better!
But the keywork in my above rant is 'POTENTIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!'
In a few years time when game developers understand the best ways of using the ps3's architecture, THEN the awesomeness will begin. I personally would like a ps3 though..for god of war 3, the bourne conspiracy, prototype, haze, need for speed 2008 (whatever it'll be called), mortal kombat vs dc universe, and probably more.
Your brother is 12 yrs old now, he'll be teen soon, and then all those awesome teen games will come out, teen games meaning violent games (unless no one cares if ur bro plays violent games lol), and hopefully the rudd govt will allow the sales of r18+ games in australia, that day will be a great day for gamers!!!

blakegman

HSC
N/A
mmm i dunno i thought the first god of war was good, but the 2nd seemed pretty same old to me.

Wonder how it will look.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Omie Jay said:
Erm...God of War 3 anyone? This is reason enough for me to get a ps3. I read an article on the net saying that it took the ps2 game developers about 6 years to get games of the graphical quality of God of War 1 and 2 and Black, so given time, think of what ps3 will accomplish. BD disks hold about 50Gb, maybe a bit more, so think of the potential of how big the games can be, what their quality can be, their multiplayer capability, length of the game (short games suck). God of War 3 comin end of 2009 so far, i wont mind if they take another year, it'd just mean the game will be even better!
But the keywork in my above rant is 'POTENTIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!'
In a few years time when game developers understand the best ways of using the ps3's architecture, THEN the awesomeness will begin. I personally would like a ps3 though..for god of war 3, the bourne conspiracy, prototype, haze, need for speed 2008 (whatever it'll be called), mortal kombat vs dc universe, and probably more.
Your brother is 12 yrs old now, he'll be teen soon, and then all those awesome teen games will come out, teen games meaning violent games (unless no one cares if ur bro plays violent games lol), and hopefully the rudd govt will allow the sales of r18+ games in australia, that day will be a great day for gamers!!!
pretty big gamble to take. also disc size doesn't equate to quality. after all, a game of GTA IV's size was only 6.3GB.

also, did you even play the haze demo? it's horrible. gameplay is average, and graphically it barely looks next-gen. bourne conspiracy also got bad reviews. The demo was very average, again. Also, out of the games you listed, the only ones that will be PS3 exclusive are haze :p

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
"also disc size doesn't equate to quality. after all, a game of GTA IV's size was only 6.3GB."
Oh ok, my bad lol!
But regards to god of war, first one was awesome, second one was more awesome, mainly that it was basically similar to first one, but twice as long and with slightly different weapons, but story line for both are best ive ever seen, so damn epic!!! 3rd one will kick ass.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
pretty big gamble to take. also disc size doesn't equate to quality. after all, a game of GTA IV's size was only 6.3GB.

also, did you even play the haze demo? it's horrible. gameplay is average, and graphically it barely looks next-gen. bourne conspiracy also got bad reviews. The demo was very average, again. Also, out of the games you listed, the only ones that will be PS3 exclusive are haze :p

GTA wasn't really that large a world though, but your point is valid

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Omie Jay said:
But regards to god of war, first one was awesome, second one was more awesome, mainly that it was basically similar to first one, but twice as long and with slightly different weapons, but story line for both are best ive ever seen, so damn epic!!! 3rd one will kick ass.
Dude if GOW is the best storyline to a game you have ever played, you need more games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)