• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Xbox360 or PS3? (2 Viewers)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
blakegman said:
GTA wasn't really that large a world though, but your point is valid
I found it to be quite massive and detailed. Games like God of War will always be set in smaller worlds, as they're not sandbox in nature. I mean, the size of games hasn't really increased much from Xbox > Xbox 360. PS3 sizes have increased, but that's because they don't use file compression.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Yes i do realise that the games i listed only include 1 title exclusive to ps3, and that one apparantly sucked, but i havnt played it yet, so i cant comment about its suckiness. But i stand by what i said before, given time, ps3 will kick ass, if no time, then just get an x360. I guess it depends on what chickie_pie's little bro wants, so ask him to really make sure, say 'ok so im getting you a ps3/x360, ok?' and when he says yes, then its final, dont bother if he changes his mind lol.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
blakegman said:
Dude if GOW is the best storyline to a game you have ever played, you need more games.
Whaaaaaa?
Ok, i guess i meant in terms of the hack n slash genre, but overall it is quite an epic story! Could u plz tell me of other games as epic as God of War?
Or one with as good as or better storyline?

jcurry

HSC
Omie Jay said:
Yes i do realise that the games i listed only include 1 title exclusive to ps3, and that one apparantly sucked, but i havnt played it yet, so i cant comment about its suckiness. But i stand by what i said before, given time, ps3 will kick ass, if no time, then just get an x360. I guess it depends on what chickie_pie's little bro wants, so ask him to really make sure, say 'ok so im getting you a ps3/x360, ok?' and when he says yes, then its final, dont bother if he changes his mind lol.
sorry but how long has the ps3 been out for?
I remember all the ps3 fanboys telling everyone how the ps3 would be the best thing out after 1 year....i don't see it to be honest
i mean theres only 2 games on the ps3 that arent on the 360 that i would actually want and its been out for a while

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
To be honest, after 1 year, back then, seemed about right. Now i would say, after about 2 years. From now. So..2010, maybe q3 of 2009. Lets just hope that in 2010 were not sayin "oh man just wait 1 more year, you'll see" LOL

jcurry

HSC
lol yeh that makes a lot more sense
just sick of people keep saying that one year bullshit
i must say though mgs4 looks like a very good game and i havent been into the previous ones

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeh same, and neither, i really wanna ps3 man, but frikin uni..............................................

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Omie Jay said:
Whaaaaaa?
Ok, i guess i meant in terms of the hack n slash genre, but overall it is quite an epic story! Could u plz tell me of other games as epic as God of War?
Or one with as good as or better storyline?
Half-life, devil may cry, MGS, Deus ex, Zelda i dunno.

Guess it's all opinion, i thought the story in 1 was orignial and great, but 2 didnt really add much for me, each to their own i guess though

jcurry

HSC
Omie Jay said:
yeh same, and neither, i really wanna ps3 man, but frikin uni..............................................
dont have time or the money?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Ok fair enough, but to me it sorta makes more sense if i didnt compare a hacknslash to an fps, doesnt really makes sense to me, and as for dmc, dmc<<gow, u see, in physix at uni, we were told that where they wrote << it means MUCH SMALLER THAN or A MINUTE FRACTION. Maybe thats just me, but ever since i played god of war, all other hacknslashes seem extremely inferior, like..i played dmc1 a few yrs ago, and i sorta liked but couldnt bother to finish, then theres prince of persia, warrior within was the best, then i played gow, then dmc3, i finished that, but didnt like as good as gow. i guess thats just me. You know, i saw a video of David Jaffe, director of gow, sayin how he reckons the fighting in gow is not as good as dmc, i dont know what he was on at the time, but he shouldnt take it again.
As i said, its just me ^^

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
And in response to jcurry, no time and angry anti-everything-thats-non-educational-and-that-doesnt-help-me-in-life dad. I got money for ps3, just not time. But i'll be gettin a laptop from dad soon, for 'uni', also for crysis and gears of war and for cod4 and possibly more :p
EDIT: i dunno, i guess i do have time, in weekends, but major problem is my grrr'ing dad. someday in the future i'll get ps3, when its cheaper and when lots of good games are out. maybe they'll release a god of war 3 pack, with a god of war 3 themed ps3, that's so mine!

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Hmm..i almost forgot what this thread was about LOL.
Main thing is that it really depends on what ur little bro wants, chicky_pie.

jcurry

HSC
unlucky man
i got a 360 and even though i only play it about once a fortnight now cause of hsc my mums threatening to chuck it out lol
good luck with getting the laptop

stazi

Nightman
HSC
blakegman said:
Half-life, devil may cry, MGS, Deus ex, Zelda i dunno.

Guess it's all opinion, i thought the story in 1 was orignial and great, but 2 didnt really add much for me, each to their own i guess though
Final Fantasy games, Fahrenheit, Lost Odyssey, Sam & Max

blakegman

HSC
N/A
portal was pretty cool too tbh but i guess thats one and the same with half life really.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
blakegman said:
Crysis is shitty. Really bad.
At least i didnt pay for it, and whoever did, paid about $3 for it. Good ol' pakistan ;)
As for my lappy, if my dad doesnt get it, i'll buy it myself.
So has chicky_pie come to a decision while we trampled all over her thread? (or has her bro come to a decision as to what he wants?)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Omie Jay said:
At least i didnt pay for it, and whoever did, paid about $3 for it. Good ol' pakistan ;)
As for my lappy, if my dad doesnt get it, i'll buy it myself.
So has chicky_pie come to a decision while we trampled all over her thread? (or has her bro come to a decision as to what he wants?)

I'm getting a 360 next week :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)