• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Aboriginal children in care now exceeds stolen generations (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
you sorta can't win with the abo advocates

if you propose giving them endless welfare, well that's keeping them down

if you propose limiting the welfare subject to certain outcomes, e.g. they have to clothe, feed & send their kids to school, or maybe only give them one public house and if they trash it then they can be homeless, or something like that...
then it's paternalism and you're violating their human rights (lol)

if you propose moving them into towns & cities and having them live like westerners it's cultural genocide

if you propose letting them live in their own culture then they have 3rd world living conditions

so what can you do?
Aboriginals dont know that rape is illegal.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
boris said:
Aboriginals dont know that rape is illegal.
lol

nah but i'm just wondering what someone like Rockyroad actually thinks we shud do for the abos, apart from whinge

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
lol

nah but i'm just wondering what someone like Rockyroad actually thinks we shud do for the abos, apart from whinge
Well from what I gather from their retarded, pointless posts, they've suggested that;
a. They can't break the cycle coz their parents are unemployed druglords
b. You can't tell them how they should spend their welfare money coz that goes against basic human rights
c. We destroyed their culture, so how can they possibly ever get better coz theyve lost their identity

or something idk, their logic seems fairly circular though. They've both admitted that the Aboriginals need to take responsibility for their actions, but then go on about how they can't coz they were still being oppressed as of 30 years ago.

So far I haven't seen anything from them that would indicate they have a viable solution, other than LOL YR RACIST.

boris

Banned
HSC
Yeah cool story Hansel.

I wonder why rape figures are so high for Australia? Maybe the islams did it? Bilal skaff and bros?

Edit: perhaps the jews?

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
In 40 years time these statistics will form the basis for a new claim of another "Stolen Generation".

Lentern

HSC
katie tully said:
Well from what I gather from their retarded, pointless posts, they've suggested that;
a. They can't break the cycle coz their parents are unemployed druglords
b. You can't tell them how they should spend their welfare money coz that goes against basic human rights
c. We destroyed their culture, so how can they possibly ever get better coz theyve lost their identity

or something idk, their logic seems fairly circular though. They've both admitted that the Aboriginals need to take responsibility for their actions, but then go on about how they can't coz they were still being oppressed as of 30 years ago.

So far I haven't seen anything from them that would indicate they have a viable solution, other than LOL YR RACIST.
I'm not an academic in the area so for me to claim to have the answer over for example those who compiled the Bringing them home report would be a little silly. I do believe however, that the expectations of overnight improvements, are folly. Ultimately the individuals need to make the right decisions for themselves, forcing a decision upon them will just cause a backlash against those who try to help, however noble their intentions. It is about making sure that when the individual makes a good decision that the resources to make the most of that are readilly available.

I think we will see considerable improvement over the duration of the Rudd government because he and labor, through his own actions, Keatings actions and Whitlams actions have managed to win popularity amongst the communities. If the respect is not there for the head who is responsible for adminstering the support, the support is not going to get used well.

Just imagine, in a parrallell universe Costello takes the coalition to victory in 1996, apologises in 1997 and both he and his labor counterparts are both viewed as friends not foe where we could be today. Actually that opens up a can of worms on far more than just reconciliation. Point is if the head of government is viewed as the enemy no matter how hard he tries he's going to struggle to get the communities to meet him halfway.

Lentern

HSC
JaredR said:
In 40 years time these statistics will form the basis for a new claim of another "Stolen Generation".
One might of thought a jew of all people would be sympathetic to genocide. What was your compensation ? A whole country and a license to ignore the UN whenever you see fit?

Lentern

HSC
katie tully said:
IDK, maybe he's just retarded.

Not Jewish though.
Fair dinkum. Of all the races you'd pretend to be and he chooses.... no no that's nasty and bigotted and not nice.

HSC
Will Shakespear said:

if you propose limiting the welfare subject to certain outcomes, e.g. they have to clothe, feed & send their kids to school, or maybe only give them one public house and if they trash it then they can be homeless, or something like that...

if you propose moving them into towns & cities and having them live like westerners it's cultural genocide

if you propose letting them live in their own culture then they have 3rd world living conditions

so what can you do?
Saving this post as a word document

Lentern

HSC
Silver Persian said:
Saving this post as a word document
Are you really Iranian? Just in light of what has been revealed today I feel inclined to ask people these things.

boris

Banned
HSC
Who thinks my sig is taking things tooo faR?

zstar

HSC
N/A
Will Shakespear said:

so what can you do?

That is why I can't stand the liberal left wing turds in this country who want to cry and sulk at any proposal.

The left are by far the biggest racists ever. All of them just prefer to see the world they want to see.

None of them want to talk about a solution and everytime you put forward a solution they reject it and accuse you of being "inhumane".

Lentern

HSC
zstar said:
That is why I can't stand the liberal left wing turds in this country who want to cry and sulk at any proposal.

The left are by far the biggest racists ever. All of them just prefer to see the world they want to see.

None of them want to talk about a solution and everytime you put forward a solution they reject it and accuse you of being "inhumane".
Oh yes very good. The bleedin heart liberal tag slipped in without resorting to the cliche, good. Turning it into a left versus right issue very good indeed. Trying to claim the use of the racist tag quickly before it is used against you, interesting.

I assume when you talk about "them" you refer to advocates of reconciliation, like Peter Costello. So let's look at the solution, you, the tolerant, open minded, positive, compassionate people see as the solution. Effectively you're solution entails you paying less tax, or getting more spending, basically the solution that means you compassionate, tolerant people get a few more feathers for your nests.

You are commited to attacking those whom are in greatest need of improvement. I understand there is such a thing as "tough love" and I understand there are times where it is neccessary. However you would do well to learn the distinction between tough love and aggression. Libelling the communities of which I am fairly sure we all agree are in need of improvement is not tough love, it is simply adding insult to injury.

Your supposed solutions expect a community to recover from the sins of the past whilst those institutions which commited the sins deny them, suggest they were not sins at all but noble acts, that they should be thankful.

You advocate for crimes to go unpunished, for stolen wage to go unrepaid, for damages to not be met with compensation and yet you go onto complain that those who the crimes were commited against, the wages stolen from and the damage dealt to should feel no antipathy, no resentment at all about the whole affair.

On the rare occasion you extend your arm and advocate for reconciliation you write off the indigenous Australians as a lost cause for not all lining up to smoke the pipe of peace the day after it was offered. For not being able to brush off overnight over a century of genocide, stolen wages, land dispossession, stolen children, introduction of diseases and any number of other inequalities you accuse them of playing devils advocate. Never accepting any resolution for the sake of being difficult.

People like yourself only weigh in on the debate to assign blame, to accuse others of being ungrateful and soft would be better to just abstain and let those commited to improving the status quo do the weighing in.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I'm not an academic in the area so for me to claim to have the answer over for example those who compiled the Bringing them home report would be a little silly. I do believe however, that the expectations of overnight improvements, are folly. Ultimately the individuals need to make the right decisions for themselves, forcing a decision upon them will just cause a backlash against those who try to help, however noble their intentions. It is about making sure that when the individual makes a good decision that the resources to make the most of that are readilly available.

I think we will see considerable improvement over the duration of the Rudd government because he and labor, through his own actions, Keatings actions and Whitlams actions have managed to win popularity amongst the communities. If the respect is not there for the head who is responsible for adminstering the support, the support is not going to get used well.

Just imagine, in a parrallell universe Costello takes the coalition to victory in 1996, apologises in 1997 and both he and his labor counterparts are both viewed as friends not foe where we could be today. Actually that opens up a can of worms on far more than just reconciliation. Point is if the head of government is viewed as the enemy no matter how hard he tries he's going to struggle to get the communities to meet him halfway.
I dont get your point :confused:

Half the time, the majority of the rest of Australia's population has no respect for the head of government either. I don't see the rest of the population acting out because they haven't been pandered too.

They need to harden the fuck up and realise that there are 20 million other Australian's who aren't getting patted on the head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)