• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I hate when (1 Viewer)

SweetSeasons

HSC
Jago said:
that's right, there's nothing worse than a girl with low self esteem.
I don't have low self esteem, I just know what I am and what I'm not, why think I'm the most beautiful and perfect and wonderful person in the world when I'm not?

MasterP

Come to Daddy
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
I don't have low self esteem, I just know what I am and what I'm not, why think I'm the most beautiful and perfect and wonderful person in the world when I'm not?
For comic relief?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
lol i like a girl with a... normal self esteem.
Alot of girls can show off a bit too much and think too good about themselves, i think it's more of a turn off than a girl that is a little down on herself.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
You can't easily change personality and i wouldn't want some one who would change their personality just to be with me.
You CAN change your personality. The awesome thing is, people can't tell that you've changed.

I love being a guy.

SweetSeasons

HSC
That's the thing, Jumb, I don't want some one who isn't them self, I think it's pretty easy to tell if some one is putting an act on or not and you can only hold an act for so long.

I think, if some one thinks they have to change their personality or anything about themselfs to be with some one, that is the worst form of low self esteem.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
sweetseasons... what is "being yourself".
I hear "be true to yourself" and "be yourself" alot, but really how do you define WHO YOU ARE?
What if you are someone who takes on others persona's to make them happier about them? I mean.. you probably do it too without realising..

SweetSeasons

HSC
no, I'm pretty much your "what you see is what you get" types.
Why change for some one else, you're the one that has to go to sleep at night.
I may think guys are out of my leauge, but I would never change anything about my self, in hopes it would make me more attractive to the guy or what ever.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
beauty --> beholder.

If you walk around with a little confidence then maybe someone will think you're the most beautiful person in the world, but if you keep thinking and acting like someone who's never going to be happy then chances are you won't.

This is true for guys, and imo it also applies for girls.

Edit: When girls wear makeup, guess what, they're changing themselves.

SweetSeasons

HSC
Why do people assume I'm not confident with my self? I love who I am, I just have a little crush :p

I do't like when people, I dunno, try and make me feel like i'm being down on my self when all i really am doing is saying things how they are.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
no, I'm pretty much your "what you see is what you get" types.
Why change for some one else, you're the one that has to go to sleep at night.
I may think guys are out of my leauge, but I would never change anything about my self, in hopes it would make me more attractive to the guy or what ever.
Why change? Because you're sick of not getting any sex.

Also, if you change yourself to be something different, then you are STILL being yourself. The only time people aren't being themselves is when they try to buy girls with compliments and gifts.

SweetSeasons said:
Why do people assume I'm not confident with my self? I love who I am, I just have a little crush :p

I do't like when people, I dunno, try and make me feel like i'm being down on my self when all i really am doing is saying things how they are.
You're obviously not confindent with yourself if you see other guys as being above you.

Last edited:

SweetSeasons

HSC
I have changed for people in the past, but i gave that up a long time ago, when i realised ppl liked me when i was my self, when i realised i like me when i'm my self.

And jumb, you miss my point again, I know i'm not the most interesting, the kindest, the best looking ect, hence other people are more interesting, kinder, better lookign ect....

any ways this is gettinf off topic. I like a guy who i'll never get to be with and it sucks, cause i can't stop liking him.

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
what kind of 'change' are you talking about here?

SweetSeasons

HSC
I define my self as me. I'm not scared of change, but changing for others, just makes you feel crap and ashamed of your self in the end.

Change, ie: acting stupider, pretending you're really interested in something that you aren't, ect

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
lol god i wouldn't wanna go out with u... i mean i doubt u'll find someone EXACTLY like u, if u can't even pretend you're interested in some stuff i am u must be a bitch to get along with.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
But what's wrong with changing if it makes you happier? Refusing to change FOR YOU is just being stupid, closeminded and stubborn.

SweetSeasons

HSC
changing for me is a differnt story, changing for some one else is another.

hmm, stubborn, pretending to be interested.

ok, this guy acts, i'm not really into acting, but i'm into him and hence i enjoy hearing about how his film is comming along ect, because i like to hear about what makes him happy.
I haven't joined acting classes, I haven't pretended to know anything about acting ect, I just like hearing how his day went.

i don't want some one exactly like me, i find him so interesting and easytotalk to because he is next to nothing like me.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
changing for me is a differnt story, changing for some one else is another.

hmm, stubborn, pretending to be interested.

ok, this guy acts, i'm not really into acting, but i'm into him and hence i enjoy hearing about how his film is comming along ect, because i like to hear about what makes him happy.
I haven't joined acting classes, I haven't pretended to know anything about acting ect, I just like hearing how his day went.
Does he know that you're interested? Ask him out to coffee or tea sometime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)