• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Legalise Weapons in Australia? So we can be like Americans? (1 Viewer)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Hi,

Just wondering, who want to legalise weapons in australia?
Just for self defense just incase some multicultural civil war breaks out in australia...I.e. azn populations rise without end and stupid country rednecks want to kill em all. Azns fight back, and australia becomes america where everyone has the right to carry M60s.

HSC
Heeeeeeeeeeeell no. I don't think Australia has the capacity to turn a full scale war against migrants living in this country. We 'think' a little more than Americans.

Scanorama

HSC
America has lots of problems related to legal weapons. People use it more than just for self defence. I don't think apart from America, any other countries will let all of their citizens to own firearm legally. The term 'self defence' is being overrated and abused. I don't want to walk on the street with fear being shot by other people all the time.

Although racism is and will occur in our society, but I doubt civil war/violent against migrants will happens in the future. People have more acceptance towards people from other countries than in the past. And racial problems in Australia aren't as bad as America.

Having the same or similar legislation with America doesn't make you like American. No matter of what, you are still different to them. Legalise firearm is definitely a bad idea and won't happen in Australia anytime in the future. (Last year the government just offer a payback for those who own firearm without a licence, thats one of the example of discouraging private ownership of firearms.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Hate to break it to you, guns are already legalised and about 1 million ppl all over the age of 18 are gun owners. Or do u not realise that Australia competes in the Olympics in Shooting. If u actually research the subject u will find that the gun laws in Australia are quite strict, for instance to be a handgun owner, you have to compete in at least 6 competitions a year and store the gun seperately to the ammo at a licenced gun club. And the Shooters Party actually werent involved in the last election, it has split into other parties

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Wow, who would have guessed that a superfluous American comment in the thread title would lead to the typical "oh, I hate Americans because of any one of or a combination of the following incredibly ignorant statements" road?

Stan..

HSC
Weapons are legalised in Australia, But you have to pass a test to possess them. Unlike America, We are not entitled to carry 'm60s'. What use is there for a Military Issue GPMG in a Civilans Hands? Unlike America, we do not have a clause in our Declaration of Independance that entitles all Australians to have access to such weapons. Also Australian Shooters tend to be Veterans, Thus they have more sense than to go and murder everyone.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Stan.. said:
Weapons are legalised in Australia, But you have to pass a test to possess them. Unlike America, We are not entitled to carry 'm60s'. What use is there for a Military Issue GPMG in a Civilans Hands? Unlike America, we do not have a clause in our Declaration of Independance that entitles all Australians to have access to such weapons. Also Australian Shooters tend to be Veterans, Thus they have more sense than to go and murder everyone.
Not only Veterans are shooters, a couple of my friends participate in it, and farmers, aswell as sports shooting.

Stan..

HSC
Korn said:
Not only Veterans are shooters, a couple of my friends participate in it, and farmers, aswell as sports shooting.
Fair Enough. The point that I was trying to make is that, Most Australian Sports Shooters tend to have more sense than the American Shooters.

0Jade0

HSC
The reason why guns are legal in america is because of a mis-reading of the consitution
Only organised state militia (and the armed forces) should be armed, not any yea haw that can wait 48 hours or however long it is.
More people shoot someone in their family that got up to take a piss in the night than an intruder

Stan..

HSC
Argonaut said:
And besides, think of all the deaths that would be connected to an internet forum who's name is a play on the education department of the sate!

By the way, Stan, nice avatra. Mersenne Prime number.
Thanks.
With the Americans we can only take the good with the bad. Sure we all hear about the stupid redneck who carries a rocket laucher for 'Self Defense'. But we don't hear about the regular guy who shoots responsibly, Just like his Australian Counterparts. Don't generalise, Nothing is puerly Black or White; There will always be grey areas.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Stan.. said:
Fair Enough. The point that I was trying to make is that, Most Australian Sports Shooters tend to have more sense than the American Shooters.
Oh, of course, but then Australians on average are smarter than your average ignorant American (and b4 anyone flames me, this is the opinion of an American i went to school with)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
0Jade0 said:
Yes I do, and they don't involve shooting dangerous weapons
What do sport do u play, and how would you like to be banned form playing cause some illinformed, arogent upwardy fuckwit didnt like the sport,

0Jade0

HSC
would you like me to name them all?
Shooting is dangerous, not only that if it isnt stored properly what would happen if a child found it?
And dont call me a fuckwit you redneck

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
0Jade0 said:
would you like me to name them all?
Shooting is dangerous, not only that if it isnt stored properly what would happen if a child found it?
And dont call me a fuckwit you redneck
im not a redneck, u illinformed soandso, how bout u read up on the subject before opening your big dumb mouth, In australia u must keep the gun and ammo stored separately, and both locked up in gun safes. For pistols, these must be kept at the gun club that u r a member of, so it would be pretty hard for a child to find the gun and the ammo amd to load the gun

0Jade0

HSC
"you must"

Do you think everyone does it? no. The NRA has guidelines too but not everyone follows them.

Stan..

HSC
0Jade0 said:
Yes I do, and they don't involve shooting dangerous weapons
Go save some whales. Hippy.

Guns are only dangerous when your looking down the barrel of a loaded weapon. Or if you don't know what end the bullet comes out of, get your facts straight before you start talking shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)