• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Legalise Weapons in Australia? So we can be like Americans? (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
0Jade0 said:
"you must"

Do you think everyone does it? no. The NRA has guidelines too but not everyone follows them.
Well, those that dont should be singled out, thats why i took offence at you saying noone shoots responsibly.

0Jade0

HSC
Stan.. said:
Go save some whales. Hippy.

Guns are only dangerous when your looking down the barrel of a loaded weapon. Or if you don't know what end the bullet comes out of, get your facts straight before you start talking shit.

HMMMM
lets see. I dont like whales so no. And just because i don't think that guns should be legal that makes me a hippy?

My facts? OK have you seen the statistics that show your are more likely to be shot by someone you know? And be shot accidentaly.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
0Jade0 said:
. And just because i don't think that guns should be legal that makes me a hippy?

My facts? OK have you seen the statistics that show your are more likely to be shot by someone you know? .
Well being shot by someone you know, is obvious, most murders are committed by some on who knows the victim, cause it is rare that someone just goes and kills a random.

Stan..

HSC
0Jade0 said:
HMMMM
lets see. I dont like whales so no. And just because i don't think that guns should be legal that makes me a hippy?

My facts? OK have you seen the statistics that show your are more likely to be shot by someone you know? And be shot accidentaly.
1. No, That is not the case. Legally You have to possess a gun safe and have a background check done before you can purchase a Level A firearm. You are required by Law to keep weapons and Ammunition seperate, 50% of the ACTIVE Firearms in Australia are in Shooting Ranges and Gun Clubs. Not in the Cupboard.

2. Yes, It does. Cause hippies complain about everything without even knowing the current rules and regulations in play.

0Jade0

HSC
what i'm saying is that most people get a gun for self protection then they kill someone by accident.

Stan. You don't want to be steriotyped as a redneck hillbilly for owning a gun dont do it to people that dont believe in gun ownership.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
0Jade0 said:
what i'm saying is that most people get a gun for self protection then they kill someone by accident.

Stan. You don't want to be steriotyped as a redneck hillbilly for owning a gun dont do it to people that dont believe in gun ownership.
As i have already said, u cannot get a gun in Australia with the reason of "protection", unless of course u lie, and u will be caught out and charged for numerous crimes

0Jade0

HSC
you are also required 'by law' to go the speed limit, how many times is that law broken?

0Jade0

HSC
Korn said:
As i have already said, u cannot get a gun in Australia with the reason of "protection", unless of course u lie, and u will be caught out and charged for numerous crimes
I fucking know that

Stan..

HSC
0Jade0 said:

I am not protecting the SSAA, No that Is not the case. It was true in the 1980s in LA where there was some psycho running around slaughtering Old Women and carving 'demonic' symbols into their flesh. But today people don't do it because they need it for self defense, most people buy a gun for recreational uses. I don't even have a gun, I have no intension of having a gun. I shoot at my School for sport, that is all.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Stan.. said:
I am not protecting the SSAA, No that Is not the case. It was true in the 1980s in LA where there was some psycho running around slaughtering Old Women and carving 'demonic' symbols into their flesh. But today people don't do it because they need it for self defense, most people buy a gun for recreational uses. I don't even have a gun, I have no intension of having a gun. I shoot at my School for sport, that is all.
Which school do u go to

0Jade0

HSC
If we have gun ownership like the US the same thing will happen

and excuse me but how the fuck did martin bryant get a gun?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
0Jade0 said:
If we have gun ownership like the US the same thing will happen

and excuse me but how the fuck did martin bryant get a gun?
There have been major toughing up of the gun laws since then and also Tasmania had the weakest gun laws in the nation

http://www.hansard.act.gov.au/hansard/1996/week13/4443.htm

http://www.aic.gov.au/conferences/outlook99/warner.pdf
http://www.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/abs@.nsf/0/bd268faa130dfd6aca256c3200241656?OpenDocument
http://www.aph.gov.au/library/pubs/cib/1995-96/96cib16.htm

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~confiles/specialpart1.html

0Jade0

HSC
Exactly so these 'laws' werent doing enough to protect people

and what if some psycho got a license? hmmm

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
His or her capacity to kill would be greatly reduced compared to pre Bryant levels.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Why do people talk about America like its the worst violent crime country in the world?

Jamaica has a much higher rate of gun ownership and gun crime (in fact I think it has the highest documented in the world) but you dont see people pointing at them like they are the heart of all evil in the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)