• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Negative reputation (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
I imagine it would be in the terms/conditions
i was referring to neg reps. asylum outlined how it works for mods, but apparently there are different rules for admins, i'm just wondering if there are any?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
My opinion (because it matters):

This is good because:
  • There may be a few people who continually rep trade, and this would be a deserving punishment
  • The benefactors don't have this power

However, I don't like the fact that individual people have this power. The right to punish people should be a decision made by a few people. This is also true, because mods are people too, and people can be dickheads.

Overall, I feel this decision is a poorly made band-aid type solution, that will probably piss off more people then it helps. Every time a mod has an argument with someone on bos, they will abuse this power instead of taking it like a man. I believe that this system should ONLY be used in situations affected by rep, ie, rep trading/begging etc. Otherwise, warnings and temp bans should be used for troublesome users disobeying the other rules.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
You wont get neg repped as long as you dont break the rules, continuously and repeatedly.

Each decision is discussed, evidence of the offending post, of other mediums of conciliation, and a thorough investigation as to past deeds.

Additionally, mods are not shrouded behind a veil, and are accountable for their actions.

We are being moderated, by those higher than us, and if you feel an injustice has been done, im sure people would be willing to hear your argument out. But like i said, it is a last ditch thing, rather than a close thread reaction.

Be aware that we are just as accountable for our actions as you are, even more so in most cases.
I think ive made the point clear, that it IS a final solution, AFTER warnings, conciliation through other means, that the neg rep is finally set in place. I tend to think that neg repping seems to be less severe than being banned, but a few people have made it seem like murder.

If you value little green boxes so much, i suggest you take a good hard look at your priorities.

crazyhomo said:
yes, we abide by the admin's rules, but my question is, do they actually have any, and if so, what are they?
Since they run, pay, operate and own the joint, i doubt they would.

One of the perks of owning your own forum.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
mattycoss said:
hahahaha how amusing

you see im starting a revolution
You're going to be Time's next "Man of the Year".

HSC
rep trading's not allowed, right? i like how korn got the fuck flamed out of him for doing it, but another certain person is always like 'omg __insert name of tons of other people here__ you owe me rep!', and doesn't get called out on it. wtf is with that?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Blow the whistle on this other person then.

HSC
take a guess. i think she already had an assload of rep taken from her, so i feel kind of bad.

just to clarify, it wasn't me who pointed it out to a mod in the first place or anything, if you were wondering who it was, bec. i'm not that pathetic. its just green boxes for fucks sake. it just struck me as unfair, that's all.

Last edited:

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
lol stupid bec. hahah

i think ppl take the rep system to seriously

although if any mod were to touch my chiny epenis id try and find out where u live and firebomb you

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
AsyLum said:
Since they run, pay, operate and own the joint, i doubt they would.

One of the perks of owning your own forum.
thanks for clearing that up. just wanted to check whether there was any point expecting this to be anything other than admins acting out personal grudges

sunny

meh.
HSC
crazyhomo said:
thanks for clearing that up. just wanted to check whether there was any point expecting this to be anything other than admins acting out personal grudges
It is an attempt to normalise the rep system to be used the way it was intended.

sunny

meh.
HSC
mattycoss said:
i still believe certain moderators hold personal grudges.
Whether certain moderators hold personal grudges or not I cannot answer to, but in relation to the rep system which is the topic of this thread, it is extremely unlikely anyone can abuse it as negative reps are documented and justified to the administrators and other moderators - ie, the moderator handing the neg rep is responsible for giving it out.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
hahaha i'm surprised how professional the mods have actually been in this matter..
I would of just taken all rep away from anyone being a wank and set their custom status to 'limp dick' or something.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
katietheskatie said:
take a guess. i think she already had an assload of rep taken from her, so i feel kind of bad.

just to clarify, it wasn't me who pointed it out to a mod in the first place or anything, if you were wondering who it was, bec. i'm not that pathetic. its just green boxes for fucks sake. it just struck me as unfair, that's all.
Theres about 100 different bec's on this board.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
jumb said:
Theres about 100 different bec's on this board.
but im the only 1 who got an "assload" taken off me

look, i think some of wat happened 2 me was unfair cos of the whole "u cant be unrepped on the same post more than once" rule was abused, but its all good. i only lost one box, true it was a shiny one, but hey over time ill grow again if i stick round long enuf.

in regards to the korn flaming, that was me who started that, and for a very long time i told ppl i deliberately do not rep beg cos that would make me no beter than korn. but of course, when ur on 499 points and every1 has 2 spread rep round b4 u can get it again, i should hav just been patient but i wasnt. thanks skatiekatie for pointing me out as some desperate rep begger, it was one day in the past year that ive been a bos member. and yeh, ive learnt my lesson. i just dont think its fair other ppl got warning pm's and i didnt- i was just used as the example to demonstrate the "do not do's" of the bos rules.

tho kimmeh wasnt even the one who detracted my points, her bro was on her account and did it, so she has apologised, but hey, that was a lil unfair.

mwah love u all dont rep beg its naughty.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i love how everyone's all 'oh, it's only going to be used for rep trading', 'oh, it's only ever been used for rep trade'

ahahahaha no.
laz can do what he likes for he is lord and master of the universe of course (and who knew he'd be so short??).
but still, no.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
woah, right now i feel like gary coleman at jesus' resurrection... somewhat of an anomaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)