• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Same-Sex Marriage (1 Viewer)

Your opinion on same-sex marriage:

• For it

Votes: 63 50.0%
  • For "civil uniuons"

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Against it

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Have no strong opinion

Votes: 17 13.5%

• Total voters

Generator

HSC
N/A
Who has determined that children will only be truly safe and happy in a nuclear family with one mother and one father? Historical evidence counts for little when other types of families have long been scorned by the masses (or the churches in many cases). Is it not time that people realised that the world is changing and that the ways of the past may not be the only paths to a happy family life?

It is obvious that a child will in all probability have a healthy life if they have a happy and stimulating childhood. Now, who is to say that that can only be found with a mother and father as the parents?

Alexander

Gold Member
Who's to say? Who isn't to say???
Some things are universal, and some things never should change. The family unit is something you shouldn't muck with.
We may be an intelligent species, but we are essentially just mammals. You can easily imagine the effect a same sex environment would have on say a monkey. Women shouldnt be undervalued...one of their primary roles is nurturing.
I think you played down the term 'ways of the past' when you really mean 'ways of all TIME'
This is far too important to have as a mere 'social experiment'. Look at the problems sperm doning has caused to all these kids who can now express their opinions....mostly, they're preety pissed off, and who wouldn't be?. Our priority should be to maximise the probability of a child growing up with their biological parents, not the opposite.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
ow well give me reasons why my argument is flawed???

if u ask me its because u disagree with me.. thats why my argument is shit...

there is no bad or good argument... arguments are arguments.. opinions/opinions

true?
no. wrong. there are good arguments and there are bad arguments. this cat is black, therefore all cats are black. that is a bad argument. it's not that hard a concept to grasp is it?

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhomo
no. wrong. there are good arguments and there are bad arguments. this cat is black, therefore all cats are black. that is a bad argument. it's not that hard a concept to grasp is it?
i dont get it... its like...i can say the same thing about ur argument

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
oh by the way..... u say society is changing n therefore it will be more accepted by society sooner or later...
well ... what if u married your cousin n had a baby with them... thats totally wrong n disgusting... but hey some arabs do it(not being racist) does that mean society is changing n we should accept it cos more n more people are doing it?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay...

u people are driving me towards hating gays now
Now? Now?!?! We've being defending them all along and suddenly we're the bad people? Get your fucking head checked!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
oh by the way..... u say society is changing n therefore it will be more accepted by society sooner or later...
well ... what if u married your cousin n had a baby with them... thats totally wrong n disgusting... but hey some arabs do it(not being racist) does that mean society is changing n we should accept it cos more n more people are doing it?
um, actually, it's not illegal to be with your cousin. it's not overly common, but there's no law against it. check your facts before you go making piss poor analogies.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
ow well give me reasons why my argument is flawed???

if u ask me its because u disagree with me.. thats why my argument is shit...

there is no bad or good argument... arguments are arguments.. opinions/opinions

true?
ska, it' s just that you use bad examples and they probably don't make your argument come across as you'd like it to, and it offends a lot of people. i can understand some of the things you're trying to say but i do disagree with a lot of your points. not that i'm not open to your opinion :p

Originally posted by glycerine
um, actually, it's not illegal to be with your cousin. it's not overly common, but there's no law against it. check your facts before you go making piss poor analogies.
yes, it's legal to marry your first-cousin. as long as you're not marrying a descendant, ancestor, immediate family member (dad, mum, sister, brother) or adopted sis/bro... cousins are ok. ergh, can't imagine marrying one of my cousins O___o;;

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
So its legal to marry your uncle/aunty?

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
So its legal to marry your uncle/aunty?
ummm i don't think so. not sure though... i'm pretty sure you can't.
too bad i returned all my legal textbooks :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by George W. Bush
I'd point out the arguments for a child needing male and female influences when growing up, but SKA is so bad at arguing that I hesistate to be anywhere near her position. :(
lol, i mist say i am scared of being flamed. but i just dont' think it's natural to have 2 parents of the same sex. you can say well what about divorce? the kids will then only have a male or female role model, but i see that as different. they don;t have TWO males or TWO females surrounding them. then again this is a relatively new issue and i can only comment on experiences to the present day, it's hard to look into the future and see if it would work.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Iunny
I havne't been reading the other posts but just wondering

How can a homosexual couple get pregnant in the first place?

its got nothing to do with my post.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
get over it
We were having a sensible discussion till you and Ska dropped to the Earth. I must have done something wrong in my past life.

rumour

HSC
Marrying a person of the same sex, is different to marrying a family member!
Gay people are part of our society, so they should have the same rights as everyone else, not allowing them to get married wont make they go away or make them straight!
so live and let live!!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by rumour
Gay people are part of our society, so they should have the same rights as everyone else, not allowing them to get married wont make they go away or make them straight!
Actually, that's a good point. By denying them the rights that straight couples have, it'll only fuel the fire, not make it diappear.

Originally posted by amoz_lilo
:rolleyes:
Don't fucking spam unless you have something intelligent to say, which I highly doubt.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
We were having a sensible discussion till you and Ska dropped to the Earth. I must have done something wrong in my past life.
yes of course coz everything u say is right.. but ne 1 elses opinions arent... right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)