• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Same-Sex Marriage (1 Viewer)

Your opinion on same-sex marriage:

• For it

Votes: 63 50.0%
  • For "civil uniuons"

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Against it

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Have no strong opinion

Votes: 17 13.5%

• Total voters

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by poloktim
Oh wait! Anyone hear that? That's the sound of the joke, going right over Snapwizard's head.

If you actually bothered to look at the silliness of the "reasons why homosexual couples should not be allowed to marry" then you'd notice that they all state things that are well, silly. If marriage is to produce children, then old people and infertile people shouldn't get married, they do. Hence the joke.

I also did vote for it. I don't see a problem with marriage between two adults, their sexual preference and gender shouldn't have anything to do with it.
I'm a uni student - cant expect me to read all these posts - need to study :rolleyes: , what did you vote for?? was there an election I was was unawere of?? I need to some sleep, getting to Wollongong every day then back to Sydney is too tireing sorry!

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Originally posted by Snapwizard
I'm a uni student - cant expect me to read all these posts - need to study :rolleyes: , what did you vote for?? was there an election I was was unawere of?? I need to some sleep, getting to Wollongong every day then back to Sydney is too tireing sorry!
Snapwizard, your an idiot. The posts were written inside Tim's post...

*sigh*

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
but did ne 1 bother reading my post....
some people dont bother.. n just go off what other people say.. like crazy homo... he was the first one to interperate what i said..wrongly.

i DID say that kids will get teased at skool... BIG DEAL even tho it will be an issue where it does affect them.

but it was simply an EXAMPLE of what im talking about....
thats just AN example reason why its wrong and how kids will SUFFER for it-

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
sorry about the tyrette... but i had to ghet the msg out somehow

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
You know what SKA? Nobody wants to read your posts because they're full of unintelligent dribble written by an obvious homophobe with zero intolerence of other's opinions.

My suggestion is stick to posting your mindless babble in NS where you don't get rewarded with post counts for posting absolute shit.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I'd say something, but:
Originally posted by Loz#1
You know what SKA? Nobody wants to read your posts because they're full of unintelligent dribble written by an obvious homophobe with zero intolerence of other's opinions.

My suggestion is stick to posting your mindless babble in NS where you don't get rewarded with post counts for posting absolute shit.
sums it up

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by SKA
but it was simply an EXAMPLE of what im talking about....
Well then give us more and we will rebut them. There can be alot of worse places for a child to be stuck than with two gay parents.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
so you still believe kids being teased is caused by gay parents?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC

Man, this post rules. Very blunt, but clever.

I don't see any reason why same-sex couples couldn't adopt children. Hell, even homosexual singles should be allowed to. A parent (or parents) would offer much much more to a child than an orphanage could. If the parent(s) are loving, and able to support themselves and the child(ren), then regardless of sexual orientation, they should be able to adopt. The only criteria that should ban anyone from adopting a child is a failed means test (but if later on it is passed and no other banning criteria is in place then adoption should be allowed), and a criminal record. This would apply to everyone.

Same-sex or heterosexual couples should have equal value in the eyes of the law in every area which concerns couples.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I think it was Britney Spears who taught us that. Or maybe it was Carmen Electra and Dennis Rodman. No wait, it could have been Nicolas Cage and Lisa-Marie Presley. Marriages are going great.
for famous people especially. have any been successful? even barbie and ken split

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
have any been successful? even barbie and ken split
Yeah barbie left Ken for Michael Jackson since they both want to play with little children (plus both being made of plastic helped).

Alexander

Gold Member
Adoption is obviously a different scenario and one that is POSSIBLY acceptable, but I was refering more to artificial insemination for lesbian couples and women donating their eggs to gay couples. This is the hot issue.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Alexander
Adoption is obviously a different scenario and one that is POSSIBLY acceptable, but I was refering more to artificial insemination for lesbian couples and women donating their eggs to gay couples. This is the hot issue.
Well one hurdle at a time, gay couples would need more then just eggs donated they will also need a surrogate mother which is another ethical issue. Plus there are procedures where two females can have a child with half of each gentic material and that is another issue yet again.

Alexander

Gold Member
Ya von. It's a hot potato....frankly i think we're a whisp away from the matrix type breeding...and i mussst get out of this..this zoo. I feel contaminated just by your prrrrresense morpheos

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Actually we wont go into matrix style breeding the technology exists for two women to make a child that shares half of their DNA each and no male has to be involved at all, so we will be come useless and as they will have two X chromosomes only females will be born...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Alexander
for this it is only really one of the mother's child, and the other is an unknown father, so i don't understand how it would solve any problems

SKA

me and my baby
HSC

jesus christ.. u have some issues.

hmmm ever heard of people skills.?

bsides.. since when were post counts .. REWARDS?????
who really gives a shit

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by SKA

hmmm ever heard of people skills.?

bsides.. since when were post counts .. REWARDS?????
who really gives a shit
thanks for clearing up the reasons why i was wrong and had missed the point of your argument. nice to know there are still some people who don't dodge the issue by getting into bitch fights

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
No I don't have issues, I have one problem with you not being able to make a reasonable argument.

You just don't get it do you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)