• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Teen's plea on morning-after pill (1 Viewer)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
bassistx said:
Just don't it right the first time ffs. Take it properly and you don't have to use both.
Have you ever been on the pill?

It's easy to miss one dose when you're either starting out, changing over packets or any number of scenarios.

If you're in a serious, committed relationship and you are taking the pill perfectly then I wouldn't worry about condoms.

Any other scenario and I think that I'd prefer latex to a baby. It's just logical.

williamc

HSC
bassistx said:
You're so brilliant.

Today I learnt how to say "willy" (as in peeny) in colloquial Italian.
PISELLINI
Pisello means "pea" and a tiny willy is called a "pisellini" :)
I love my teacher lol
no lol!

bassistx

HSC
Tulipa said:
Have you ever been on the pill?

It's easy to miss one dose when you're either starting out, changing over packets or any number of scenarios.

If you're in a serious, committed relationship and you are taking the pill perfectly then I wouldn't worry about condoms.

Any other scenario and I think that I'd prefer latex to a baby. It's just logical.
Nope, I've never been on the pill.
In response to the bold: that is why I said I'd rather get an implant or injections. So I would not forget.
But whatever, if people are serious about it, they'll do it right. I don't forget to brush my teeth - if I left it next to my toothpaste or whatever, then I wouldn't forget.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
bassistx said:
Nope, I've never been on the pill.
In response to the bold: that is why I said I'd rather get an implant or injections. So I would not forget.
But whatever, if people are serious about it, they'll do it right. I don't forget to brush my teeth - if I left it next to my toothpaste or whatever, then I wouldn't forget.
Okay.

Two scenarios in which I've forgotten doses:

1. Went overseas across the international dateline and got confused about when to take what.
2. Left my wallet (with pill packet inside) at my boyfriend's and couldn't get it back in time for one.

Implants actually have more side effects and a lot of women can't handle having them. Ditto for injections.

Like I said before, it just makes sense to use condoms as well. You can say how easy it is to take it regularly but real life tends to interfere a lot.

bassistx

HSC
Tulipa said:
Okay.

Two scenarios in which I've forgotten doses:

1. Went overseas across the international dateline and got confused about when to take what.
2. Left my wallet (with pill packet inside) at my boyfriend's and couldn't get it back in time for one.

Implants actually have more side effects and a lot of women can't handle having them. Ditto for injections.
1. I've already thought about this and figured it being the smartass I am
2. You have 12 hours leway

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
bassistx said:
1. I've already thought about this and figured it being the smartass I am
2. You have 12 hours leway
1. Haha. Yeah. Okay. Going from Sydney to LA to New York in the three days on the same weekend Daylight Savings happens? Just a little bit confusing.
2. Twelve hours leeway isn't 'perfect use' as defined by my doctor.

See my edit :)

bassistx

HSC
Tulipa said:
1. Haha. Yeah. Okay. Going from Sydney to LA to New York in the three days on the same weekend Daylight Savings happens? Just a little bit confusing.
2. Twelve hours leeway isn't 'perfect use' as defined by my doctor.

See my edit :)
My friend forgot to take it twice. She just took it the next day.
Nothing happened.
But whatever, you know. I'd make sure that I had some in my bag/wallet and some in the drawer bedside table thingy and in bathroom, kitchen, etc - if I was gonna be real reckless about it, I'd put post-its everywhere.
But like I said, I'd rather get injections or an implant. I'd try the pill, if it was shitty, then screw it.

bassistx

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Sorry.

Please would you kindly return to church and stop pushing your religion on others?

Peace be with you fellow human being.
That was too nice lol, even sarcastically.
If you're not following the discussion, then just leave. Or contribute something relevent (ie contraception)

Sarah160

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Sorry.

Please would you kindly return to church and stop pushing your religion on others?

Peace be with you fellow human being.
lol that's nicer...
It was an off hand remark that wasn't meant to inspire religious arguments, people don't have to be religious to not have sex... and it is the most effective way to not get pregnant, wouldn't you say? And please be nice, i didn't intend to get anybody defensive :)

bassistx

HSC
Sarah160 said:
lol that's nicer...
It was an off hand remark that wasn't meant to inspire religious arguments, people don't have to be religious to not have sex... and it is the most effective way to not get pregnant, wouldn't you say? And please be nice, i didn't intend to get anybody defensive :)
Nobody on BOS is nice.
get over it.

williamc

HSC
bassistx said:
My friend forgot to take it twice. She just took it the next day.
Nothing happened.
But whatever, you know. I'd make sure that I had some in my bag/wallet and some in the drawer bedside table thingy and in bathroom, kitchen, etc - if I was gonna be real reckless about it, I'd put post-its everywhere.
But like I said, I'd rather get injections or an implant. I'd try the pill, if it was shitty, then screw it.
YOU DO REALISE IT IS IMMORAL TO HAVE SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE.

bassistx

HSC
williamc said:
YOU DO REALISE IT IS IMMORAL TO HAVE SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE.
Stop being a fckwit.
Nobody would know unless you had a baby or they still believe in that hymen bullshit (which could break any other way).

Sarah160

HSC
Meh, clearly you're an idiot if you don't use contraception when you don't want to get pregnant, the girl in the article was an idiot.

Anyone under the legal age limit, who is not intelligent enough to use contraception, is clearly not intelligent or emotionally mature enough to make decisions about what happens to their (possible) child, and so, in my opinion, parents should be informed in situations like this.

bassistx

HSC
Sarah160 said:
Meh, clearly you're an idiot if you don't use contraception when you don't want to get pregnant, the girl in the article was an idiot.

Anyone under the legal age limit, who is not intelligent enough to use contraception, is clearly not intelligent or emotionally mature enough to make decisions about what happens to their (possible) child, and so, in my opinion, parents should be informed in situations like this.
It is very obviously clear...

If she wanted her parents to know, she'd tell them. Why does the doc have to do it for her? How bloody ridiculous.

Sarah160

HSC
She was fifteen, does anyone understand the fact that a fifteen year old is pretty well incapable of making decisions to this capacity?

williamc

HSC
Sarah160 said:

QFT! :hammer:

Sarah160

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
She's an idiot. WE GET IT.
I think you're missing my point, my point was that i think it's fair enough for the doctor to have become involved, not that the girl was an idiot.

sorry, what's QFT?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)