• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Benefactors (4 Viewers)

klh

HSC
i am finding it very hard to write why i should become a benefactor??? i didnt know about this until someone pm'ed me about it and i should do it. can someone give me like an outline on what i should write?

Jacks

HSC
well it really has to be your own personal reasons as to why you think that you have contributed to the BOS community, you need to justify why you think you should be made a part of the benefactors group...how do you contribute, why and in what ways? What is it about you that makes you an outstanding member of the BOS?...these are all the sorts of questions you need to think about...if you were to bullet point some reasons, what would they be? Start with them as inspiration or starting points and then expand on them...

tennille

HSC
flipsyde said:
If we apply to be a benefactor when do we find out? I know we get bolded if we are approved but how long before we know? I hate waiting lol....
It took me 3 hours. Either Minai or Anti have to approve...so, whenever they come online. When you send your application (which is under the group memberships tab when you edit your profile or whatever), you can look at whether you have been accepted or not.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah you don't need to write pages, in the end the quality of your posts will get it for you

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Tennille said:
It took me 3 hours. Either Minai or Anti have to approve...so, whenever they come online. When you send your application (which is under the group memberships tab when you edit your profile or whatever), you can look at whether you have been accepted or not.
It depends on if I have the time to do a thorough search of your character - if I'm in a hurry or if I'm tired I'll probably give it a few days to think over..

Minai has been away and James has been quite busy so a few apps may take a little longer than we expect.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
how do u know exactly? did u check the group membership part of the user cp, u neva know...

tennille

HSC
anti said:
It depends on if I have the time to do a thorough search of your character - if I'm in a hurry or if I'm tired I'll probably give it a few days to think over..

Minai has been away and James has been quite busy so a few apps may take a little longer than we expect.
What a pain in the butt. :p

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
If Minai and James are busy why not hire temporary members to do the work? Deciding if people's posts are helpful and/or rubbish shouldn't be *that* hard, with the view-all-posts function.

This might just be me, but the font which is bolded for Benefactors isn't asthetically pleasing. Using Courier New (Bold) as the font of Benefactors would be a good replacement.
*wishes he got paid for BoS work*...that would be nice!!

font looks fine to me but then, I dont use IE!

lol

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Yeah, the admins *could* let the mods set benefactors. I'm happy to do any applications now when I'm very grumpy; however, you can probably guess the outcome.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm back and ready to process applications. Understand that it does take a bit of time to go over an application and in some cases, search through your posts to gauge for ourselves whether you should be given that status.

sladehk

le random
HSC
If you sent one in and when you go back to Group memberships and the application has been removed, does it mean your application has been rejected? (fingers crossed :) )

sladehk

le random
HSC
I have a feeling it was more because of my lack of posts and lack of green boxes(btw, if you get someone repping you and it shows a black box instead of teh normal ones, does it mean that they click on the "!" at you?)

Jacks

HSC
If a grey box appears instead of a green one that just means that person hasn't made enough posts yet (you have to make 50 before you can give rep points) either that or they have less than ten reputation points. So basically their rep is noted, but you get no points for it. This is all explained in the BOS FAQ though, see there for more info if you need it ;)

sladehk

le random
HSC
Thanks! (I have read the FAQ through several times but must have missed it :p) So we're allowed to send in requests for Benefactorship mutliple times?

Jacks

HSC
I'd say you're allowed to re-apply, not straight away though obviously...i'd leave it awhile, and in the meantime try and make your posts meaningful and helpful, and post in threads that you think allow your posts to be this...if you really want to be a benefactor your posts need to reflect that you possess the qualities you need to become part of that group. Though saying that I don't think you should post with the intention of becoming a benefactor...be yourself and if you have benefactor like qualities, at some point you may be recognised for it :uhhuh:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
number of green boxes has nothing to do with becoming a benefactor

you can ask 1 of the super mods why yours was rejected

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)