• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Grand Theft Auto IV. (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nah that's not why the game was censored. the game was censored because Rockstar chose to do so thinking the classifications board would ask them to censor certain elements if they submitted it as is (so they preempted it).

The classifications board asks for some games to be censored because it currently doesn't have an R rating for games. Therefore, games that don't fit the G/PG/M/MA criteria have to be banned/resubmitted with modifications

blakegman

HSC
N/A
I meant if i have a TV with a HDMI input, if i connect my ps3 into that, will it play any clearer.

I dont know how this high def shit works at all. they are too fuckin expensive.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah it should look better as it's a digital input. I didn't even know they made non-HD tvs with HDMI though.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
yeah it should look better as it's a digital input. I didn't even know they made non-HD tvs with HDMI though.
yeah they are reasonably common. Not worth buying one though if its not proper high def, i dont think/

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
stazi said:
nah that's not why the game was censored. the game was censored because Rockstar chose to do so thinking the classifications board would ask them to censor certain elements if they submitted it as is (so they preempted it).

The classifications board asks for some games to be censored because it currently doesn't have an R rating for games. Therefore, games that don't fit the G/PG/M/MA criteria have to be banned/resubmitted with modifications
that's stupid, why don't they just make an R rating

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah it is quite stupid. basically it's very difficult to change the law in that area: something abut a unanimous vote needed from the board. However there are some people on the board who think that little kids will get their hands on the games. It's a stupid argument, really.

Luckily there has been quite a lot of progress lately. I would say that we have a 30% chance of having an R-rating introduced in the near future (which is a lot better than the 0% chance it was before :p)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
too bad it will probably be too late for awesome edited games by the time those faggots get rid of the backwards-thinking conservative cunts on the board and adopt a more liberal stance on what individuals choose to entertain themselves with.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
i feel like buying a ps3 now after looking at this. i loved san andreas, that entertained me for sooo long..

stazi

Nightman
HSC
orsum. i'll get you a bonus free gayme if you buy a 360.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)