• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Grand Theft Auto IV. (2 Viewers)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
mr_brightside said:
You just gotta get used to it. I don't use mouse flying, just keyboard.
XBOX controller...:rolleyes:

Supply Lines almost had me in tears.

Yip, been stuck on the Flying Lessons missions and I don't care to go back to the game. Just want to be back in Ganton, shooting the place up

Legham

HSC
runtlocks said:
XBOX controller...:rolleyes:

Supply Lines almost had me in tears.
Hahahaha. I lol'd cause everyone had trouble with that mission :eek: Even all the other pro gta addicts like me! Yet somehow, i've passed it easily both attempts :)

Legham

HSC
Oh look, exactly 6 months until GTA4 is released! :D

lengy

HSC
What mission is Supply Lines? The one mission that pissed me off was the one you had to chase the train out of town shooting off niggas running atop the train. That's the one mission that stood out as being the most frustrating. Sorta don't remember any others so they can't have been as hard as that one.

Trust me, you'll have the greatest feeling of satisfaction after you've learnt to fly. I was THAT pleased with myself that I conquered that and I gave up so many times.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
lengy said:
What mission is Supply Lines? The one mission that pissed me off was the one you had to chase the train out of town shooting off niggas running atop the train. That's the one mission that stood out as being the most frustrating. Sorta don't remember any others so they can't have been as hard as that one.

Trust me, you'll have the greatest feeling of satisfaction after you've learnt to fly. I was THAT pleased with myself that I conquered that and I gave up so many times.
The RC one where you have to pwn the delivery drivers for Zero

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
lengy said:

mr_brightside said:
The RC one where you have to pwn the delivery drivers for Zero
Oh God, both of those missions gave me the mega shits.

Legham

HSC
lengy said:
The one mission that pissed me off was the one you had to chase the train out of town shooting off niggas running atop the train.
Yeah, thats a pretty hard one! They don't give you enough time to kill them all..

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
uhawww said:
Isn't it counter strike.
Yeah, when you play on an empty server by yourself and just shoot the hostages.

m i rite?

Supermodified

HSC
http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenplay/archives/009125.html

Rockstar has produced an edited version of Grand Theft Auto IV for Australia in order to obtain an MA15+ rating.

The Office of Film and Literature Classification awarded the game an MA15+ rating on December 11 last year, advising consumers that the game contains "strong violence, strong coarse language, drug and sexual references".

A Rockstar spokesperson confirmed to Screen Play yesterday that the company had produced a special version of GTA IV to comply with the Australian classification system, which does not currently contain an R18+ rating, but declined to reveal what material had been cut.

The game has been rated R18+ by the British Board of Film Classification, New Zealand's OFLC and the German Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle. It has been rated M17+ by the Entertainment Software Rating board in North America.

The Grand Theft Auto series has a chequered past with the OFLC in Australia.

In 2001, thousands of copies of GTA III were sold before the game was rated and refused classification because players could pick-up prostitutes. An edited version was later released.

2002's Gran Theft Auto: Vice City was also edited for Australian audiences.

In 2005, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has its original MA15+ rating overturned and the game pulled from retail shelves after it was revealed game discs contained a hidden "Hot Coffee" sex mini-game. An edited version rated MA15+ was soon back on sale.

Grand Theft Auto IV is released in Australia on April 29.

Fucking OFLC. This is shit. I think I'll buy the Australian Collector's Edition, as well as an imported UK PAL copy, and then sell the AU copy.

3sty

HSC
I used to be a fan of the sand-box genre but with all these spinoffs eg Godfather, Scarface, Saints Row bringing nothing new to the table I dont have high hopes even for Rockstar's humerous and stylistic attempt to "wow" gamers.

Ah well, Smash Bros Brawl is hitting my doorstep in afew hours hopefully so i'll be pretty occupied with mates over. Good timing too, straight after the half-yearlys.

cal-

Banned
HSC
ah that is fucking annoying, i'm so tempted to order it from new zealand now

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Why do we have to get the censored version? WTF DO WE NEED CENSORED VERSION! ZOMG WE'RE BECOMING LIKE CHINA!!

:burn:

what was cut out?

I'm thinking of ordering one overseas (Europe) for my little brother, but fuck sakes, we don't need to be baby-sit by the government.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)