• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Same-Sex Marriage (2 Viewers)

Your opinion on same-sex marriage:

• For it

Votes: 63 50.0%
  • For "civil uniuons"

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Against it

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Have no strong opinion

Votes: 17 13.5%

• Total voters

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Listening to: Tool - Sober [05:08m/320Kbps/44KHz] taking inspiration from this song...

"WHY CANT WE NOT BE SOBER!!!!!"

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
exactly. i was teased in primary school, and for some of year 7 and 8, too. i got over it. i don't know about you ska, but by now, what primary school children think and say... really doesn't bother me.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
im not even going to waste my breathe argueing against an obvious homophobe (being Ska)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
as some wise person wrote with chalk on the foot path at uni...

"are you scared of your own sexuality? Then dont be scared of mine"

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
And "If a man has sexual relations with another man, they have done a disgusting thing, and both shall be put to death. They are responsible for their own deaths." (Leviticus 20:13)
ahahahahahahhahahahahaha i cant believe this just came out of your mouth lol

ska... you are saying that the children will be taumented and teased and be put through shit at school because they have homosexual parents. What you dont realise is that its because of ignorant people like you that they wont be accepted and be teased... its because of people like you that maintain this viewpoint that society doesnt move on... that children get brought up thinking that having homosexual parents is 'weird'...

also someone said earlier that a child needs both a mother and father figure! well how is having two mothers or two fathers any different from living in a single parent home where the child doesnt see the other parent? They are still only being exposed to the one sex

Last edited:

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
ahah dazed we've already established that it's okay to be raised by same-sex people, as long as they're not homosexuuuuals. but like, i'm not against those disgusting gay people, or like, anything.

the earth is round, women that showed their ankles are okay, working mothers are not irresponsible, everyone's created equal, your sexuality is okay.. these were all issues that caused huge contraversies. but society is progressive! and this is no different, i don't want to go down in history as someone who could not see past society's prejudice, do you?
the thing is, we probably think we're acting in the best interest of the child... but all those arguments are fallible. it depends on whether the child is living in worse conditions with same-sex couples. (there are a LOT worse conditions to be living in) we've established that it's okay to be raised by people of the same-sex, to exclude homosexual people from that is both clearly discriminatory and pretty incoherent.

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Originally posted by neeja
i wouldntve thought id have a stalker...

/me checks window

no...no stalkers out there
Coffee break. :)

Originally posted by glycerine
exactly. i was teased in primary school, and for some of year 7 and 8, too. i got over it. i don't know about you ska, but by now, what primary school children think and say... really doesn't bother me.
Yeah so was I... partially by you :p I'm over it... I don't hate you for it...

What people say shouldn't bother you if its like that....

Originally posted by hipsta_jess
im not even going to waste my breathe argueing against an obvious homophobe (being Ska)
I've had my fun... I'm not bored anymore.

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
And "If a man has sexual relations with another man, they have done a disgusting thing, and both shall be put to death. They are responsible for their own deaths." (Leviticus 20:13)
Mmmm I take your point... The tower in Jerusalem fell, were they responsible for their own deaths? Were they more sinful than others? Was it more just for them to die?

Besides, Old Testament is the Hebrew Scriptures, you'll find a lot of people, even Christians, ignore a lot of it... =\

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by Protector
Yeah so was I... partially by you :p I'm over it... I don't hate you for it...

hee, let's just say that we're all sorry for year 8 latin class, and move on. ;P

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
hee, let's just say that we're all sorry for year 8 latin class, and move on. ;P
rofl. Latin was fun, but no one liked the language :p

Yeah, I'd say so. If only the world was like that on topics like this... *sigh*

Alexander

Gold Member
I couldnt give a stuff about the homosexual couples. Im happy to accept them into society because we are intelligent enough to respect their right to do what they want as long as they pay tax.
But I draw the line at the child issue. This is appauling. We have a responsibility to the child to bring them into a world were they comply with the laws of nature and where they are a symbol of the parent's love. It is the most horrendous thing i've heard for gay people to want to infiltrate this sacred realm of humanity.
In the terms of homosexuality not being chosen, I beg to differ. That just doesnt explain the huge increase in it during current years, it's around 10% of society today...10%!!!. I didnt hear too many complains during the past millenium or two! My uncle once said(light-heartedly) that he thought he was in love with his flatmate, until he met my aunt and realized what an idiot he couldve been!. Gays breed gays. A short phase is now encouraged by certain politically correct nuts and resulting in huge problems with a number of things already discussed. It's not white trash discrimination, its the laws of nature!
Whatever happens during the child's lifetime is unavoidable, but surely its reasonable to try and get it right before they are created.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Originally posted by Snapwizard
Not gonna flame anyone, I just dont really see any argument here you should be able to live the way you want and so should everyone else, if you dont believe in homosexuality, for most people, then move on enjoy your life why go out of your way to critise otheres who choose a differet lifestyle.
But there is only one problem with homosexuality , increase lesbians, this might sound great ,but the rate of lesbian growth is a such a fast rate componded by the point that if every male suddenly died theres enough sperm frozen for the world to move on worries me:( :p
Oh wait! Anyone hear that? That's the sound of the joke, going right over Snapwizard's head.

If you actually bothered to look at the silliness of the "reasons why homosexual couples should not be allowed to marry" then you'd notice that they all state things that are well, silly. If marriage is to produce children, then old people and infertile people shouldn't get married, they do. Hence the joke.

I also did vote for it. I don't see a problem with marriage between two adults, their sexual preference and gender shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Originally posted by poloktim
Oh wait! Anyone hear that? That's the sound of the joke, going right over Snapwizard's head.

If you actually bothered to look at the silliness of the "reasons why homosexual couples should not be allowed to marry" then you'd notice that they all state things that are well, silly. If marriage is to produce children, then old people and infertile people shouldn't get married, they do. Hence the joke.

I also did vote for it. I don't see a problem with marriage between two adults, their sexual preference and gender shouldn't have anything to do with it.
Meh. We say things, people miss them. Like SKA. Its all good though Tim.

Of course, we all know that homosexuality is completely obscene and unnatural... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by poloktim

I can understand what you're saying but you had to expect that sort of reaction.

token girl

HSC
1) YOU DO NOT CHOOSE TO BE GAY. GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK HEAD YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING MORON. IT IS NOT THAT HARD A CONCEPT. DO YOU CHOOSE WHO YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?
huh? since when? prove it and maybe I'll believe it...

apart from that - I'm torn on the marriage issue. I'm against homosexuality but open to the civil union idea...I don't really know enough about the whole issue to comment thoroughly

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by token girl
Unless you find your "perfect match" on some internet dating site, love or lust happens naturally. You can't plan shit, life doesn't happen that way.

And love doesn't discriminate against genders.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC

apart from that - I'm torn on the marriage issue. I'm against homosexuality but open to the civil union idea...I don't really know enough about the whole issue to comment thoroughly

okay, do you look at a guy and say "okay, that's the one I choose to feel attracted to"? No. Sexual urges are not choices.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Alexander
Whatever happens during the child's lifetime is unavoidable, but surely its reasonable to try and get it right before they are created.
So are you saying they shouldn't be allowed to be adopted and would be better off staying as wards of the state? There is more to can homosexuals have kids then just can they "breed".

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC

did you choose to be straight?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by Alexander
I couldnt give a stuff about the homosexual couples. Im happy to accept them into society because we are intelligent enough to respect their right to do what they want as long as they pay tax.
But I draw the line at the child issue. This is appauling. We have a responsibility to the child to bring them into a world were they comply with the laws of nature and where they are a symbol of the parent's love. It is the most horrendous thing i've heard for gay people to want to infiltrate this sacred realm of humanity.
In the terms of homosexuality not being chosen, I beg to differ. That just doesnt explain the huge increase in it during current years, it's around 10% of society today...10%!!!. I didnt hear too many complains during the past millenium or two! My uncle once said(light-heartedly) that he thought he was in love with his flatmate, until he met my aunt and realized what an idiot he couldve been!. Gays breed gays. A short phase is now encouraged by certain politically correct nuts and resulting in huge problems with a number of things already discussed. It's not white trash discrimination, its the laws of nature!
haha, this is funny coz you suck at stirring up trouble

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)