• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Same-Sex Marriage (2 Viewers)

Your opinion on same-sex marriage:

• For it

Votes: 63 50.0%
  • For "civil uniuons"

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Against it

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Have no strong opinion

Votes: 17 13.5%

• Total voters

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
i dont think it matters what gender the parents both are as long as they make good parents i.e. they care and are able to provide support necessary to bring a happy and well-rounded child into the world, we don't need another decrepit

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
i dont think it matters what gender the parents both are as long as they make good parents i.e. they care and are able to provide support necessary to bring a happy and well-rounded child into the world, we don't need another decrepit

you know what.. u r right... but i just dont think a child can be happy in knowing they have gay parents and get like teesed about it at skool n stuff.. sure they will get ova it.. but then again what parents that really loved their child would want them to go through hard times like that. thats just one example of how hard it would be to have gay parents.. maybe its not all bad but i would hate to know what it is like to go through that

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Originally posted by neeja
no...i want to remain mysterious
Mysterious men are sexy... :p
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
We've made the same point time and time again... Trying to argue both sides, not one or the other, just trying to open eyes.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
oh well.,. lets all build a bridge n get ova it coz no matter what we say it aint gonna make a god dayem difference

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
AAAH...how do you know im a man?!?!?!
Why else would you vote for gay couples if you didn't want to marry one? :p

Nah, its obvious, dunno how, just is :)

Originally posted by glycerine
so's marky.

muahaha
so are many other people... ;)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Protector
Mysterious men are sexy... :p

We've made the same point time and time again... Trying to argue both sides, not one or the other, just trying to open eyes.

my eyes r open...*blinks

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by Protector
Why else would you vote for gay couples if you didn't want to marry one? :p

Nah, its obvious, dunno how, just is :)

hee, trust me, mark is no man's woman. i just wanted to let you all know that.

neeja

Marco Polo meows you!
HSC
nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

my name is out in public!!!...IM MELTING!?!?!

/me melts

Originally posted by glycerine
hee, trust me, mark is no man's woman. i just wanted to let you all know that.
and what does that mean exactly?

edit: big edit # 3 for no reason whatsoever

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
marky marky marky markus

edit: marlarkus

edit: you dumbass, do you know how many people read bt? yeah, we have stalkers anyway. go look at how many people dl'ed the pics from last time.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i wouldntve thought id have a stalker...

/me checks window

no...no stalkers out there
*insert lame camoflauge joke*

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Here are some items from a list of a dozen reasons why homosexual people shouldn't get married:

2. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Infertile couples and old people cannot get legally married because the world needs more children.

3. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children because straight parents only raise straight children.

4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful, since Britney Spears's 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.

5. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and it hasn't changed at all: women are property, Blacks can't marry Whites, and divorce is illegal.

7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are always imposed on the entire country. That's why we only have one religion in Australia. *note I replaced America with Australia, but there is no difference.

8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people makes you tall.

10. Children can never succeed without both male and female role models at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.

12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Separate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages will for gays & lesbians. *note, I didn't bother getting rid of the American reference here, as it does actually apply to the US. But we all know what the point is talking about.
List taken from here.

I voted for it. In NSW at least, de facto relationships do have very similar rights to marriages, however in a de facto relationship, if a partner dies, the family or other people may be able to contest the will, or stop the living partnet from making funeral arrangements (this is a bit difficult, but still possible).

Also, those who are ready to flame me about the list, note it is a bunch of jokes. The author is probably gay himself (since other publications suggest that).

Last edited:

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by poloktim
Also, those who are ready to flame me about the list, note it is a bunch of jokes. The author is probably gay himself (since other publications suggest that).
Not gonna flame anyone, I just dont really see any argument here you should be able to live the way you want and so should everyone else, if you dont believe in homosexuality, for most people, then move on enjoy your life why go out of your way to critise otheres who choose a differet lifestyle.
But there is only one problem with homosexuality , increase lesbians, this might sound great ,but the rate of lesbian growth is a such a fast rate componded by the point that if every male suddenly died theres enough sperm frozen for the world to move on worries me:( :p

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
I completely agree with SKA on this. Gay people should not be allowed to raise children as it will increase the childs chances of being teased at school. In fact, any parent who could be considered a little 'weird' should not be allowed to raise children, as the teasing factor increases dramatically. I also think that if a child has some sort of physical or mental abnormality, like a hideous birthmark, then they should be immediately put down. I mean, why risk the possibility of this child being teased at school? It would be inhumane to let 'freaky-birthmark-kid', as he might be called, live through that kind of torture. It is so unbelievably selfish of gay couples to even consider putting a child through that.

To sum up, all children that are teased at school are put through an emotional torture that can never be healed, and are better off dead.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by SKA
sure they will get ova it.. but then again what parents that really loved their child would want them to go through hard times like that.
So children should be sheltered from the world until they die? Would you prevent them from having a relationship as a teenager or an adult because if they break up they will be upset.

A child will always be teased changing who they have as their parents might change the topic but they would still be teased otherwise and it is the parents of the other children who need to teach their children that they shouldn't be teasing them.

You express your views that it is in a child's best interest to not have gay parents because of teasing as a child, where as you completly neglect that the reason they are being teased is because the children doing it are being raised that way by their parents.

Should Aboriginals not have children because they might be teased in the school playground?

Oh yeah LOL crazyhomo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)